Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 1st, 2014 19:00

"TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SN-108FB" doesn't recognize a blank CD or DVD. Is it supposed to be able to burn a CD/DVD?

I expected to be able to burn a CD/DVD with "TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SN-108FB" in my E5430 but am not able to do this.

Does it mean that "TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SN-108FB" can read CDs/DVDs but is not able to write?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 1st, 2014 20:00

Hi Yury_mak,

I would suggest you to run the ‘Fixit’ tool from the link below to check if it fixes the issue with DVD read/write problem.

http://dell.to/1b4M6nM

6 Posts

May 1st, 2014 22:00

Fixit reported:

"The selected drive is not capable of writing, if you have several CD/DVD drives try using another drive, otherwise you may need to install a CD/DVD writer."

I have not expected to find only DVD reader not capable of writing in this laptop. :emotion-6:

I understand that I need to buy a DVD-R/W and install it instead of the current DVD-ROM drive.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 7th, 2014 13:00

Hi Yury_mak,

Please reply us with system service tag so that we could check the system configuration and assist you. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

3 Posts

August 31st, 2018 10:00

I have the same problem, what should I do. I have latitude E6430; and DVD-Rom is not recognizing only blank cd/dvd(s)

I tried DVDs in another laptop and they just work fine there. I checked all service issues and also run troubleshooter. I also tried to play DVD in Ubuntu but nothing happens.

How to send a service tag in private. There is no option in this replying section.

1 Message

September 24th, 2020 11:00

Hi. I have the very same issue. 

I coudn't run the fixit analysis tho, the link goes nowhere. 

Thanks for replying, in advance,

Regadrs.

No Events found!