Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2011 03:00

Dynamic Modeling for a Network Connection Object

Dear All,

I have a problem where both the Network Adapters between which a network Comnnection is built are having a particular piece of information in one of the attributes. Now what I want is to derive the same data in NetworkConneection Object into a single attribute. for example

Port 1  ==> Name : ABCD

Port 2 ==> Name : WXYZ

NC ==> Derived Attribute Name should be ABCD<-->WXYZ

Please help me with this.

Regards

Vishal

138 Posts

November 28th, 2011 02:00

Hi Vishal!

I'm not exactly understand wht do u want to do, networkconnection class have next attributes

A_DisplayName - contain DisplayName of Port1

Z_DisplayName - contain DisplayName of Port2

DisplayName - contain DisplayName of Port2 <> DisplayName of Port1

It seems u are looking for ?

10 Posts

November 28th, 2011 02:00

Dear Hemulll

What i am looking for is something similar, but not for an exiting attribute, but for a new attribute which I have added to the NetworkAdapter Class as well as the NetworkConnection Class via dynamic modelling.

For example:

I have added a new attribute named  IncidentID on both NConnection as well as NetworkAdapter Class

Now Port 1 had an attribute IncidentID with Value  12345

Port 2 has an attribute IncidentID with Value  67890

I want attribute IncidentID of NC to have similar data  12345<>67890

And I want to handle above via dynamic modeling.

Regards

Vishal

138 Posts

November 28th, 2011 05:00

Hi Vishal!

I think that u can't join strings in Dynamodel. U can try to use  Propagated attribute for class NConnection.

U should to declare IncidentID as propagated attribute (see model guide) but i don't know how it works with string

30 Posts

November 28th, 2011 06:00

I think it is possible to propagate strings over relationship (one-to-one relation) but not over relationshipset (on-to-many).

Regards,

Christian

10 Posts

November 28th, 2011 07:00

This is where I am stuck , how to propagate values  in networkconnnection class from networkadapter.

Here the connected Systems have two objects how to get an individual object and then propagate the values in NC class one by one.or is there a way to get values both the values in an array.                                                Regards Vishal

138 Posts

November 30th, 2011 04:00

U can do it on post processor.

1) Get all netwrokConnection

2) Get each connected port - interface

3) Get your attribute from port - interface and join it, then put it in your own attribute in Networkconnection class

No Events found!