Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 20th, 2010 20:00

ECC agents on ECC server vs other hosts

How to upgrade master and host agent on the ECC server machine?

Currently I have older version of master and host agent on the ECC server machine than other hosts, this is because master and host agent on my ECC server machine got installed during ECC 6.1 UB7 installation, and newer version of master AND host agent were deployed to other hosts later on via native install package. I want to upgrade master and host agent on my ECC server to the latest, so I can push host agent upgrade to other host.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 23rd, 2010 09:00

You can download the latest native installation package for widows from powerlink. Then uninstall both master and host agent on the ECC server and use the native installation package to install both the master and host agent on the ECC server.This would bring your agents to the latest level. The native in stallation package is available on powerlink at :

Home > Support > Software  Downloads and Licensing > Downloads  C > ControlCenter 6.x .

90 Posts

August 23rd, 2010 09:00

Just another note to add.  As long as you have the latest host agent patches applied to the ControlCenter server you should be able to push the patches to the agents using the agents view.  The version will never be the same as the native install package only because it needed a separate version so it can be identified as the native install.

Regards,

Paul Young

EMC Global Services

No Events found!