Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 13th, 2010 15:00

Every few weeks there are two Oracle processes that cause 100% cpu

Recently I find that the ECC server is running very slow, and Storagescope is not emailing reports.

The CPU usage is at 100% with two Oracle processes each comsuming the cpu's (dual core, both at 100%).

Each time I have stopped ECC services and rebooted the server (W2k3). The server restarts and the ECC services are restatred.

Start and stop is via script as per ECC config guide.

After reboot etc there is usually one Oracle process running usually less than 20% cpu.

Have found this happening a couple of times.

After recent reboot and windows update, StorageScopeServer Service was also found stopped (set to Auto).

90 Posts

June 29th, 2010 14:00

Hello

The description you are giving sounds similar to issues I've dealt with in the past.  One was discovered in UB5 and was resolved in UB7.  To know if this is the same issue or something new we need to know what is the current version of ControlCenter is.

One other thing you could look for is a java error in the server.trc around the time of the failure.  I assume the server becomes unresponsive when the CPU hits 100%.  The server.trc is in ECC\ecc_inf\data\ecc_inf_hostname\data and the erro would be similar to "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space"

No Events found!