Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 29th, 2013 01:00

Good day! I have problems with incorrect warning Down Switch

Hi all, I'm experiencing switch down false alarm. I have checked using cli to ping and telnet the switches and they are fine and working. Doing snmpwalk also returns fine. I have tried to delete the devices and rediscovered them again, but few minutes later they show the false alarm/notification again. The switches I'm using are Cisco ME 3400. Not all ME 3400 switches showing the same symptom only few of them (currently there are four)

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 29th, 2013 02:00

Hi,

By looking at the issue you have we would need logs to analyze to get the cause of the issue.

I would suggest you to please open a SR with EMC technical support and we would be able to help you with this issue

Thanks

Anshul

23 Posts

January 29th, 2013 03:00

Hello,

I already saw a problem like this.

Check if there is any Card Down notification at the device.

If yes, remove the device and discovery again (You already did it). You can also remove only the invalid Card until you don't find a definitive solution. This will prevent Smarts from correlate the wrong notification and assume the device Down.

ps: This device don't have any Card. Don't know why Smarts discovered it on my enviroment. It can be a certification problem or a SNMP Agent problem at some firmware version. I recommended my Network team to upgrade all firmware of this model  to the latest version. It's been a while since last occurence of the problem.

Best Regards

54 Posts

January 31st, 2013 05:00

Hi,

Have a look in IP domain on the devices' SNMPAgent. If the AgentAddressList is empty, then the device can not get polled anymore. We have similar problems and it's related to duplicate IP-entries in the network.

Workaround is called IP-tagging.

Best Regards

No Events found!