Highlighted
2 Iron

SRM Suite 3.0 reporting on RDF Groups?

Hi all,

I am trying to report on the status and metrics for SRDF with SRM 3.0, but I haven't figured out how. I have the MySQL Workbench installed, which gives me direct query capability against the database, but there doesn't seem to be any metrics gathered on RDF groups.

There are some good metrics for the RDF ports, which has been helpful, but I really need to drill down to the groups and their performance.

Has anyone else tried and succeeded to do this?

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
4 Replies
2 Bronze

Re: SRM Suite 3.0 reporting on RDF Groups?

Hi Daniel ,

I agree there is a huge amount of data for individual ports  but the tool in not identifying the port groups , I posted this to the EMC PM but no luck on that

Thanks

Anil

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

Hi Anil,

I ended up writing my own parser & pairing it with a batch file that does a symrdf query on every rdf group.  Now I have hourly updates on our web portal that shows the status of any rdf group that is not consistent.

That's a pretty low-tech solution, but it works.  I'm hoping that our pending upgrade to ViPR SRM 3.51 will give us some added benefits like this.

Thanks,

Daniel

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Daniel,

You sound like you have this SRM stuff down pretty good.  If you don't mind my asking what study materials did you use to get your training/knowledge?  I have been trying to understand the existing documentation and specifically alerting and report generation.  FYI, I upgraded from SRM 3.5 to 3.51 within the past month (right when it came out).  Ran into a few bugs with legends at the bottom of some reports, Centra collector, pegging the memory and CPU on my Windows box and some cosmetic issues with programming alerts.  We still need to upgrade the OE on our VNX-7600s to rule out the possibility of SRM polling causing the array to become unavailable and  we need to upgrade the code on our VPlexes to prevent polling from causing the Management Servers to run out of memory and the need to restart the management interfaces.  Thanks for the post.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

Hi T-bob (related to T-Rex?)

I have read all of the material out there, but much of it glosses over topics, assumes facts not in evidence and generally leaves me guessing.  The two Watch4Net reporting classes were good and cleared up s questions, plus gave me some knowledge to really dig in on my own and find answers.  MySQL Workbench has been great to test queries and to find what metrics contain data and how it all interacts.

I'll be glad to share anything I've learned and reports I've created.

Daniel

0 Kudos