Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 20th, 2013 05:00

StorageScope Query for BCV

Hi All,

Can somebobdy please  tell me how to create a query in StorageScope for getting the list of all BCVs created on the array?

Thanks in advance..

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 20th, 2013 22:00

Hello,

You can create a basic query to achieve what you require (which you can then refine later) using the StorageScope's Query Builder.

1.  Start by luanching the Query Builder via the following StorageScope menu item:

Analysis > Queries > Query Builder

2.  Click the "Create" button at the bottom of the screen to start the Query Builder Wizard which has 5 steps:

• In Step 1.  Give your query a name
  • In Step 2.  In the "Arrays" area of interest (grey box), check the "Arrays" and "LUNs" checkboxes
  • In Step 3.  Add the columns/fields you are interested in, at the very least you will require "LUNs.LUN Type" and "Arrays.Array S/N" (or perhaps "Arrays.Array Name")
  • In Step 4.  Add a filter which will filter out any non-BCV devices by setting:

Column Name = LUNs.LUN Type,

Operator = contains ignore case, and

Value = bcv

(you may later like to add filters to obtain results for specific single arrays only, but test the basic query first)

• In Step 5.  Apply any sorting and subtotalling as desired, e.g. sort by array perphaps (try without first)

3. Finally, click "Save" to the query which will then enalbe you to click the "Run Now" button to get your results  You can now also find your saved query in the list of the main Query Builder home page (which can be modified as required).

Please let us know if you have any further questions about this functionality.

Also, if I've answered your question sufficiently, please select the “Correct Answer” button to confirm.

Thanks and Regards, Louie

36 Posts

May 26th, 2013 04:00

Hi Louie, Thanks and  I followed your steps. The query ran but it didn't contain any data.

Any more suggestions ?

Regards

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 26th, 2013 20:00

Hello,

I've successfully tested this procedure in my lab environment.  So perhaps the data you require is not present in the StorageScope database.

To confirm this, you could widen your queries in the manner I suggested previously, and then gradually narrow down.

However, if there is missing data then troubleshooting this kind of issue will be very inefficient over online forums (there are many factors to consider).

Therefore, I recommend that you raise this issue formally with EMC Technical Support to get to the bottom of this.  If possible, please also share the results with us on this thread once resolved.

Thanks and Regards, Louie

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 20th, 2013 07:00

If you are using TimeFinder clones made with standard rather than "real" BCVs then they don't show as BCVs in this type of query.

Unless it has changed fairly reecently there was no means of reporting local copy information about clones without first marking them with a user defined field and selecting based on that.

Are the devices you are looking for type BCV or clones?

Andy

No Events found!