Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 23rd, 2010 19:00

When opening Perf Manager I cannot see any data to check

I took over an existing installation that has Perfomance Manager installed.

The various policies appear to be running in ECC.

However when I run Performance Manager I am not presented with any data collected from ECC.

I am not sure how this was set up, but was done by EMC Professional Services.

I need to be able to configure Performance Manager to display performance data on a Symmetrix.

Symm Agent is installed and running on an ECC host.

Data Provider Class and Identifier both have a 0 in their fields, but don't appear to have any data.

27 Posts

March 23rd, 2010 20:00

I can see Workload Analyser Archiver Agent installed on the two hosts that have the Symm Agent?

Also the Policy definitions for WLA daily, WLA revolving, & WLA Analyst are in the Policy Definitions

Further looking around...

Each of the ECC servers that have the Symm Agent installed (as per documentation) show a successful install of the Storage Agent for Symm, which has the three WLA policies as above attached.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

if you look at WLA Archiver agent properties, can you check WLA Archiver Path that it points to and see if anything is being collected there ?

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

Is WLA agent installed and running ?

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

if you put a check mark next to an array and then select ECC Administration, Policies ..do you see WLA Daily_00 enabled ?

27 Posts

March 24th, 2010 13:00

if you put a check mark next to an array and then select ECC  Administration, Policies ..do you see WLA Daily_00 enabled ?

Yes, the Storage Agent for Symmetrix WLA Revolving_00 is enabled

27 Posts

March 24th, 2010 14:00

There are 3 ECC servers.

Server1 has: ECC Server, ECC Repository Store; Storagescope Server; StorageScope Repository; Perf. Manager; & CC Console.

Server2 has: Symm Agent #1; SDM Agent #1; Solutions Enabler; SMC; Brocade SMI-S Agent.

Server3 has: Symm Agent #2; SDM Agent #2; Solutions Enabler; FCC Agent; Clariion Agent; Navisphere; WLA Agent

The WLA Archiver Agent has a path on Server 3.

On checking this directory the folders contained btp files in the Daily, interval, monthly & weekly sub dir under each device

27 Posts

March 24th, 2010 14:00

Hmmm, some pushing into where to look - thanks. I have mounted the share from server3 to server 1 and added the groups etc to Perf. Manager.

It is now showing the data as I expected. Had worked on this a few years back and need to re-aquaint myself with some of the basics.

No Events found!