Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

13 Posts

January 3rd, 2020 01:00

SupportAssist and openmange not syncing correctly

Hello

i am running support assist Version: 2.0.40.29, i have then created an adaptor connection to my DOME appliance version 3.3.1

i am able to sync and gather some of the devices but it is hit and miss. if i manually sync it may find all my devices discovered on my DOME appliance, but if i check it again 24 hours later the numbers don't match. it has never synced the correct number if i leave it auto update the device inventory.

i have also created a number of device groups, so i can manage devices in different locations. but again once i have set it up and moved all the devices into there correct groups, with in 24 hours a large number appear in the default group.

any help would be greatfull

• 

790 Posts

January 17th, 2020 02:00

Hi craigohare!

This sounds weird - what I could do is, checking the applications debug log in order to see if there is something going on on the SupportAssist.

Please follow the instructions below and upload the log file using https://upload.dell.com. As Dell Contact you put in my email address with the following format name.surname@dell.com check my signature for the full name

Instructions on collecting debug logs:

Go to Windows: 

C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssist\config

Linux: 

/opt/dell/supportassist/config

Make a copy of log4j2.xml as backup, so you preserve the original, such as log4j2_info_mode.xml
Edit the original file by searching for line

Change the value info in this line to debug (see the specific entries below)
Restart the Dell EMC SupportAssist Enterprise service in services.msc console

This section needs to have INFO changed to DEBUG:

Should look like this:

Attention: Please change back when done debugging!

Application Logs
Log Location:
Windows: C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssist\logs
Linux:/opt/dell/supportassist/logs
Error File: application.log

Cheers
Stefan

13 Posts

February 11th, 2020 05:00

Hi Stefan

thank you for your reply and i apologise for not getting back sooner.

i have looked at your actions and i am unable to find that first line in the XML the closest to it i can see is as follows

<logger name="RestActivityFile" level="info" additivity="false">

is it this line i change?  also do i need to change the other lines to debug before restarting the service.

thank you again

No Events found!