Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 21st, 2018 18:00

Dell SupportAssist not responding

I have a Dell Inspiron 5570.

Earlier today, i ran SupportAssist to optimize my laptop and then after an hour I opened it again then suddenly it's stuck at loading until it says "not responding"

Help please.

June 22nd, 2018 15:00

Greetings dell-robert p!

After reading some forum posts about the same issue that I have, I've seen that even they have installed the latest version, the problem still exists.

However, the solution I've found worked pretty well. All I did was rename a file as stated here: "Went to C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\Resources\New-Dell-Logo-White-Small.png and deleted -Small. Should look like New-Dell-Logo-White.png."   and it started working again.

2.2.1.23 is the SupportAssist Version that I have btw.

3 Apprentice

• 

43 Posts

June 28th, 2018 16:00

@JasonAllen5570 and All,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We heard you and resolved the issue with a hotfix.  SupportAssist pushed an update to address “unresponsive SupportAssist application issue (due to missing logo)”. This update happens silently in the background and doesn’t require any user interaction.  All systems are expected to get this auto update by end of today,June 28th. Please relaunch SupportAssist and ensure issue is resolved.  

PS:  Please do not rename logo file any more, issue gets resolved with specified auto update.

Thanks,

Dell – Kumar

9.4K Posts

June 22nd, 2018 06:00

Hi JasonAllen5570,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that SupportAssist is not performing as expected.

Unfortunately, you're not the only one with this issue, but fortunately there is a fix.  

A new version of SupportAssist has just been released, so the best way to take advantage of it is to remove all instances of SupportAssist from your computer.  There's at least 2 and may require a 3rd party program removal tool to get it all.  Once that's done, re-install the SupportAssist program from the website.

If you need additional assistance, please contact me privately and don't forget to include your personal information along with your computer's service tag number.  Thanks.

2 Posts

June 22nd, 2018 13:00

What is the number of this new version. I have tried to install it and I am told I have the latest version.

When I try to launch "Run all" or any option I just get the 4 squares rotating.

1 Message

June 22nd, 2018 14:00

My computer has the same issue and it has the latest version.  The latest software version is the problem.

June 24th, 2018 13:00

Brilliant worked like a charm. Thank you very much.

1 Message

June 25th, 2018 02:00

AWESOME!  WORKS!  Thanks!

2 Posts

June 25th, 2018 04:00

This solution doesn't work for me. If I try to run one of the tasks the application does nothing. If I try to "Run ALL" it says "Checking for updates" which never terminates. I have version 2.2.1.23.

1 Message

June 25th, 2018 05:00

Your solution of renaming a simple png file buried deep in the Program Files folder is utterly ridiculous.

And it worked! Crazy. Thank you for posting this solution.

June 25th, 2018 08:00

Go to C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\Resources\New-Dell-Logo-White-Small and rename icon by deleting the ( - Small ) Should look like (New-Dell-Logo-White)  (without the dot PNG) ( .png )

I tried it with the dot PNG) ( .png ) but it did not work....so i tried without the dot PNG) ( .png ) and PRESTO

Good luck!!

June 25th, 2018 08:00

Go to C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\Resources\New-Dell-Logo-White-Small and delete

the ( - Small ) Should look like (New-Dell-Logo-White)  (without the dot PNG) ( .png )

I tried it with the dot PNG) ( .png ) but it did not work....so i tried without the dot PNG) ( .png ) and PRESTO :Surprise:

1 Message

June 25th, 2018 09:00

That worked but I'm actually annoyed that THAT was the problem. What is that saying for the quality of Dell software in general?

June 25th, 2018 11:00

Renaming the logo file(deletion of "-Small") resolved the problem. Many thanks for posting this solution.

1 Message

June 25th, 2018 12:00

How utterly ridiculous........but it worked for me too. Thanks you. :Yes:

@JasonAllen5570 wrote:

Greetings dell-robert p!

After reading some forum posts about the same issue that I have, I've seen that even they have installed the latest version, the problem still exists.

However, the solution I've found worked pretty well. All I did was rename a file as stated here: "Went to C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\Resources\New-Dell-Logo-White-Small.png and deleted -Small. Should look like New-Dell-Logo-White.png."   and it started working again.

2.2.1.23 is the SupportAssist Version that I have btw.

1 Message

June 25th, 2018 13:00

I am on an XPS 15 (9560), and this worked like a charm!  Thanks!

No Events found!