Start a Conversation

Unsolved

OF

7 Posts

April 3rd, 2021 05:00

How to make Support Assist (recovery) forget WiFi credentials

When launching Support Assist recovery from boot/BIOS it automatically connects to the WiFi that was in effect from Windows 10.  It has saved the WiFi password, and I can view the password.

I want to pass my laptop on to someone else now, and need to have this password cleared/removed from Support Assist.  How do I do this?  There doesn't seem to be a forget or remove function.

In Windows I deleted all WiFi connections.  Also made sure they're no longer listed in the registry.  When running the Support Assist app from Windows there isn't an option there either.

Thanks,

P

• 

25.1K Posts

April 3rd, 2021 23:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

April 4th, 2021 03:00

Hi,

Control panel shows these versions:

• Dell Command | Update for Windows 10 v4.1.0
  • Dell Support Assist Remediation v5.3.2.13868
  • Dell Update - Support Assist Update Plugin v5.2.1.12926
  • Dell Support Assist v3.8.1.23

All updates are applied, incl BIOS.

This is an XPS 9560, though I suspect the 'issue' applies to any recent Dell laptop.  Our team uses 7590 and 9575 models too, but I haven't had a chance to check those yet.

Regards.

August 1st, 2022 01:00

Did you ever get this resolved? I really wish support would take this security issue seriously, and also not try to take all forum posts private because then no one else can search and find the solution to their problems.

January 25th, 2024 06:49

Hi,

I have 2 issues with dell, one of them was resolved by updating the bios  but the second one doesn't .

Did you ever get this resolved?

<Private data removed from public view. DELL-Admin>

(edited)

No Events found!