Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

1 Message

October 9th, 2020 14:00

SA OS Recovery Tool 5.1.4.11989, not installing, SA 3.7, Inspiron 3670

I have been assisting someone with a Dell Inspiron 3670 with 2 urgent updates using Support Assistant (SA) version 3.7.

• An update to Support Assistant itself.
  • An update to Dell Support Assistant OS Recovery Tool 5.1.4.11989.

Using Support Assistant, updating both at once failed, even after restarting the computer. After another restart, I tried updating just the Support Assistant and this reported success. With one update remaining, I proceeded to to install the Dell Support Assistant OS Recovery Tool 5.1.4.11989 from the SA. The first attempt started to download (which seemed like progress) and then hung in the middle of the download. The second installation attempt hung for a long time and then reported 'Fail'.  

Unlike the other drivers and software, I cannot find this file on the computer's support page to install it outside of the SA. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

• 

25.7K Posts

October 10th, 2020 08:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

1 Message

October 11th, 2020 11:00

I'm having the same issue with my Inspiron 5570. 

1 Message

October 11th, 2020 11:00

I have the same problem.  Email me for tag number.

Lee

1 Rookie

• 

9 Posts

October 13th, 2020 19:00

I am also facing same problem with my dell g3

1 Message

October 13th, 2020 22:00

Can anyone assist with my first query and please excuse if i am not in the correct forum area
I just cannot find anything on the net in regards to this and looking at trying a lot of time if it is possible.
Dell precision t3610 and precision t3600 models with regard to the (dell recovery tool) are there differences
in using the tool that require a separate download for each separate tag? (other than drivers software>

In other words can i sue the same software download for the same model computer . or does it require re downloading software again because different tags.
Can anyone for see any issues regarding using this software this way. I am trying to resurrect some computers that have their hard discs wiped. and require reinstall
I base this on the fact that each computer has its own separate key in bios and will be re ssurected?

New to this stuff and have done 2 units so far and five to go, and i really don't to things up.

Archibus

53 Posts

September 25th, 2021 15:00

SupportAssist OS Recovery Tool is no longer available as an update through SupportAssist, Dell Update, or support.dell.com. Instead, it can be downloaded from here:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/osiso/recoverytool

Further documentation can be found here:

It is probably a waste of bandwidth to issue a nearly 1 GB operating system image that will be outdated in a matter of months, and b/c SAOSRT now has the option to download the most recent OS version anyway.

From Dell Update the missing update can be observed as follows:

Note the Release IDNote the Release ID

Follow the site linkFollow the site link

No file for the Release ID existsNo file for the Release ID exists

No Events found!