Highlighted
2 Bronze

SupportAssist OS Recovery - Cloud Restore not working

Jump to solution

Running SupportAssist version 4.4.2.9869. 

Ran all the possible updates on my PC, including the SupportAssist tool (https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-ca/sln305511/supportassist-install-uninstall-and-set-up?lang... ) and the latest plugin, but when trying to do a Could Restore, I get a message saying that a it detected a new version of this application that is available, and it's asking me to update to the latest version....

It will not let me run the OS recovery... 

What can I do??? i need to restore my laptop to its original state.

Thanks for the assistance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: No response received

Jump to solution

Thanks for trying to reach out, and sorry for not responding in time... I was busy troubleshooting your  SupportAssist tool.

I was able to resolve my issue and rebuilt my PC by downloading the OS recovery application (instead of using the builtin BIOS version) and by building a recovery USB Key with it (good thing I had a 16GB laying around).

BTW, I doubt my service tag would have help you, other than telling you if I was still under support or not (which I'm not).

For anyone else having this BIOS SupportAssist issue, here's the link to the standalone application, with some guidelines:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-ca/sln299044/how-to-download-and-use-the-dell-os-recovery-im...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

No response received

Jump to solution

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: No response received

Jump to solution

Thanks for trying to reach out, and sorry for not responding in time... I was busy troubleshooting your  SupportAssist tool.

I was able to resolve my issue and rebuilt my PC by downloading the OS recovery application (instead of using the builtin BIOS version) and by building a recovery USB Key with it (good thing I had a 16GB laying around).

BTW, I doubt my service tag would have help you, other than telling you if I was still under support or not (which I'm not).

For anyone else having this BIOS SupportAssist issue, here's the link to the standalone application, with some guidelines:

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-ca/sln299044/how-to-download-and-use-the-dell-os-recovery-im...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: SupportAssist OS Recovery - Cloud Restore not working

Jump to solution

Hi erik.fredette,

Sorry for the delay in reply, and I thank you for the update on the issue you were facing. 

With regards to your query, kindly update Support Assist OS Recovery to latest version 5.0  - to avail ‘Cloud Restore’ option.

OS Recovery 4.4 doesn’t have cloud restore option. You will need to use ‘USB Drive’ for restoration for reinstall windows. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any queries. 

DELL-Cares
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
0 Kudos