Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 4th, 2019 21:00

SupportAssist splash page keeps popping up, failure to load

starting today, support assist will randomly pop up, and say it is loading. Here is a picture of what i seepopup.png

However, it never actually loads up supportassist. I just now tried to open it myself, and it wasnt able to load fully. I also noticed it is in the "recently added" tab in my start page.

Was there an update for it I need to download? Or did an automatic update not work? Im wondering what I should do. 

5 Practitioner

• 

146 Posts

December 5th, 2019 08:00

There was a global update on or after 12/2/19 for v3.4.0.200. Perhaps there could have been an issue with windows appx bundle. This may correct itself but only way to tell what kind of error is occurring is checking the event viewer for any install errors. Event logs - Open Event Viewer - Windows Logs - Application Event Source = msiinstaller, SupportAssistAgent, Appx* or Apps. Apps* Or search the word ERROR in the SupportAssistAgent.log under, C:\ProgramData\SupportAssist\Client\Agent\logs\ApplicationLogs If you don’t feel like or have the time to troubleshoot the issue you could always try a clean install via the URL. https://www.dell.com/support/article/uk/en/ukbsdt1/sln302741/supportassist-for-pcs-and-tablets-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall?lang=en

39 Posts

December 9th, 2019 09:00

It is doing the same thing for me too. I did look in the system event logs and did see a crash for SupportAssist.

Faulting application name: SupportAssistClientUI.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5dd7ca3f
Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x42f071ca
Exception code: 0xc000027b

I'll give it a few days and see if it resolves itself with an update and then if not maybe have to uninstall and reinstall

39 Posts

December 11th, 2019 21:00

Now a new thing happens. It starts up saying there is a new version it wants to install so I hit Yes. Then it says it was cancelled as there is already a new version installed.

The splash screen says 3.4.0 but if I hit "No" not to install the new version (as it doesn't install anything anyway) and then go to About SupportAssist it says 3.3.3.13.

So a bit confused...

December 20th, 2019 11:00

Sure would appreciate a response on this. It's affecting lots of people.

March 20th, 2020 08:00

I'm just deleting the damn thing.

1 Message

March 21st, 2020 14:00

Funny thing is it also happened at 0800 as well?????

1 Message

April 13th, 2020 15:00

I'm having this problem too,

1 Message

June 5th, 2020 21:00

I am having this problem for about two weeks at PC and laptop. Seems to be a new problem with Dell.

It is annoying as the support assist is popping up continuously if you close it down. 

It fails to load and just comes with a blank page.

Can Dell look into this issue.

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

June 7th, 2020 23:00

Hi Birdsying,

Are you facing DELL SupportAssist installation issue or some other issue related to SupportAssist?

It would be good if you can share the error screenshot for better understanding of issue.

1 Message

June 8th, 2020 17:00

Screenshot Dell.jpgHere's a screen shot as you requested.  Has been popping up randomly for several days.  You close it, and it pops up again.

1 Message

June 9th, 2020 18:00

this is a known issue that is affecting a great number of people

that is evident from the responses here

yet nobody fixes the known issue.  instead they want screenshots

JUST FIX THIS PROBLEM.  IT IS A RIDICULOUS NUISANCE

10 Posts

June 9th, 2020 18:00

same here

Johnbsaid_0-1591750888035.png

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

June 10th, 2020 00:00

Hi @Big Roofus 

We have already fixed multiple issues regarding SupportAssist unable to launch but still few defect will going to be addressed on upcoming release.

But sometime issue related to system configuration also that's what we have observed during multiple remote session with different customers.

with current release of SupportAssist we check system datetime format, refer below screenshot for date and time format which SupportAssist support and this check is required for our backend communication and case / dispatch creation.

datetime.JPG

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

June 10th, 2020 03:00

@nataliegoes 

Open a command prompt as administrator, navigate to the SupportAssist install path (C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssist\bin) and execute command "SupportAssistUI.exe Launch"

Refer below screenshot

WPF_Launch.png

1 Message

June 16th, 2020 17:00

Same issue here.  Pop up keeps coming back.  Trying to load support assist and it just clocks..

No Events found!