Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

6 Posts

February 19th, 2019 09:00

Dell SupportAssist will not install - claims network failure

I have tried Support Assist on 4 different computers, 1 had an old version on it, 1 was just updated 2 weeks ago and 2 have never seen it before - so a fresh install.  

I go to the support site, have it 'Detect PC" the Dell service code is found and it then checks for Support Assist, offers to download it, it downloads the install file which I run, it churns a minute that says that it failed with a network issue.

I have tried this on 2 separate networks.  And on 4 different PCs. All fail.  I have even SAVED the installation file and run it manually as administrator and it still fails stating network issues.

It appears the issues must be on Dell's end.  Any word as to when this will be fixed? 

6 Posts

February 20th, 2019 06:00

Well, I broke out 2 MORE brand new PCs this morning and get the same issue.  SupportAssist will not install from the Dell support site, it won't install from the saved installer EXE either claiming a network error.

Come on Dell! What's going on here? 

6 Posts

February 22nd, 2019 07:00

I have to wonder, does anyone from Dell even monitor these forums? 

After weeks of not being able to install o\r update SupportAssist, it finally works again.  

What is totally aggravating is that it is hard to even use the OLD web page method to get updates. When going to the webpage it forces the SA update / install and when it fails you are stuck.  Sometimes you can just poke around and it will finally get you to the web based scan and install.  Sometimes I get stuck back at the SA install. 

I had a PC earlier this week that had issues, submitted a ticket, was asked to update the drivers.  I couldn't. the SA install failed, I couldn't get through to the web based scan page. There I sat.  A day or so later it finally started working and I could get it to install. 

I am convinced Dell was having issues or was updating something and it broke the SA install. 

I'm a corporate user and there seems to not be a way to do updates without using SA, or if lucky / persistent finally get to the web update.

5 Practitioner

• 

146 Posts

February 22nd, 2019 08:00

Rootman - Earlier in the week it there was an issue with expired certificates.  External Customers were unable to perform functions for Detect PC, Drivers Scan or Diagnostics on recent Support Assist installs or unable to install SA due to catalog\lost internet connection message.

This was resolved Wednesday 2.20.19 around 11:20 AM Central Time zone.

1 Message

October 29th, 2019 21:00

I am now having this issue. I there another glitch in the system?

I am unable to run a hardware scan in supportassist. It fails after about 3 minutes each time. All other scans and functions in support assist seem to work fine.

tried to run the online diagnostics, and I get the "not conected to the internet" message. My connection is perfectly fine.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

No Events found!