Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 23rd, 2017 04:00

Dell Update - SupportAssist Update Plugin

Could anyone tell me where I can download the above OUTSIDE the Dell Update process?

1 Rookie

• 

45 Posts

May 19th, 2017 07:00

Not a suggested answer - just a full explanation - with the help of Dell Technical Support.

'Dell Update - SupportAssist Update Plugin' runs as a background task when running 'Dell Update'; it (should) download to the user PC, run, and then be deleted.

Apparently in a non-current version of the 'Dell Update' app, the plugin was not deleted and so was left installed on the user's PC.

I'm surprised nobody from a Dell community member was able to assist in this explanation.

3 Apprentice

• 

23 Posts

April 24th, 2017 01:00

Hello,

What version of SupportAssist for PC's and Tablets do you have on your system? Check if this link helps.

en.community.dell.com/.../

Thanks

Kusuma.

1 Rookie

• 

45 Posts

April 24th, 2017 02:00

I'm running SupportAssist v 1.3.6855.72.

The link you provided only provides a download for the 'SupportAssist' app; and not for the 'SupportAssistAgent' or 'Dell Update - SupportAssist Update Plugin'.

1 Rookie

• 

45 Posts

April 24th, 2017 02:00

I'm running 'SupportAssist' v 1.3.6855.72.

The link you provided only allows for the download of the 'aulauncher' for 'SupportAssist'.

3 Apprentice

• 

23 Posts

April 24th, 2017 06:00

Can you please provide a screen shot of the application, that will help me understand the problem

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

April 24th, 2017 08:00

As Kusuma mentioned can you provide the screenshot for our better understanding.

1 Rookie

• 

45 Posts

Is NOT 'Dell SupportAssist Agent' I'm looking to download, but

' Dell Update - SupportAssist Update Plugin'

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

Hi IanFM,

SupportAssistAgent is not available for download as soon as you install and launch SupportAssist app it will trigger the SupportAssistAgent download and installation silently on the box.

Let me know in case you are not able to see SupportAssistAgent in your control panel after opening SupportAssist application.

thanks

Nikhil

5 Practitioner

• 

206 Posts

May 19th, 2017 08:00

Hi IanFM,

I think Kusuma from our team already sent you an email.

Update plugin is related to DELL Update utility which will check for any updates in the background and will display it on Dell update UI.

Please post this issue on the Laptop forum.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/

For future reference, Dell SupportAssist is a product used by external customers to manage both enterprise and end-user devices.

thanks

Nikhil

1 Rookie

• 

45 Posts

May 19th, 2017 11:00

I don't want to get into a "I said, you said" scenario.

Suffice to say that the last message I received from Kusuma was that he was unable to help me further and suggested I contacted Dell Technical Support, which is exactly what I did.

December 17th, 2019 20:00

No Events found!