Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

March 26th, 2018 13:00

Questions about SupportAssist

Is SupportAssist a limited service? Does it expire? I get this red banner on the optimize window saying my service plan has expired. Does that mean SA is no longer optimizing my system? 

Red bannerRed banner

Notice the results for the optimization scans: "Complete", with the date. But under that: "optimizations done:0"

Screenshot (53).png

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 29th, 2018 07:00

Support assist is a subscription based servce and it DOES expire.

Dell Support Assist, formerly known as Dell Support Center.

features vary based on service level agreement.

http://www.dell.com/support/incidents-online/email/extend-warranty?ref=stpchatlink

Call 1-800-348-6147

SupportAssist is the technology that powers your support experience. It is installed on your PC to ensure it is always running at its best. And with Premium Support Plus, you will enjoy features such as automated virus and malware removal as well as automatic PC performance optimizations. Learn More

2 Posts

July 29th, 2018 04:00

This is an extremely retrograde step.  SupportAssist used to work out of warranty and was a good tool.

now not so.

1 Message

August 19th, 2018 19:00

My warranty ran out in 2015 and I've been able to run SA until May 2018. I've checked the links for a subscription and grew frustrated trying to find the price.

1 Message

October 29th, 2019 07:00

Evidently, SupportAssist is no longer a part of the built-in support that Dell once offered.

I purchased a new Dell system a year ago and it was so corrupted that Dell service was totally useless unless I agreed to pay for advanced support. Why should I pay for support for a new pc?

Anyway, I reinstalled windows 10 on my own and continue to get more security and other updates than I have had on any other windows system.

If this is the direction Dell is going, I will no longer purchase their products. 

No Events found!