Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 14th, 2018 17:00

Support Assist no longer installs or works after April 10 Windows Update

I am finding that SupportAssist no longer works after the April 10 Windows Update. I have a Dell 8920. It seems like it also has to do with some stupid new plug-in where Dell couldn't help but try to upsell you to antivirus protection. It was just hanging, so I unistalled and reinstalled, and now it doesn't even appear when I run it. I really, really, liked that SupportAssist app before that. I just deleted every Dell software on my computer because it was making things unstable. I guess I am just at the mercy of Windows Update now and not the device-specific expertise of Dell. I am extremely disappointed. Is anyone else having this problem?

62 Posts

May 22nd, 2018 07:00

Uninstalling and reinstalling worked for me.  I restarted after the uninstallation and before the reinstallation.

1 Message

May 17th, 2018 14:00

I am having same problem. I tried install the Dell Support Manager but it is keep saying "unable to install due to internet connection is off" but as you all can see my internet is working just fine.

9 Posts

May 17th, 2018 16:00

Yeah, it looks like a major, major problem. In a way it was really nice to find out here that it wasn't just me. There are a few current threads going on here about it with constructive knowledge and advice so I won't repeat everything here.

October 16th, 2018 17:00

It no longer works for me either. The thing is it is in my program files but im not able to find it anywhere on my computer anymore. The desktop icon just completely disappeared. Ive  tried to uninstall it and reinstall it but it only works for a short period of time and not as a program only as a app but the thing is the app rarely ever works. 

No Events found!