Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

August 3rd, 2018 00:00

UI mode not supported

Hi, Im trying to install SupportAssistx64-2.2.0.253.msi, but when I do it says UI mode not supported. I have tried going to properties and then compability and putting it to an earlier windows. But it still doesnt work, if you have a solution to this problem then please help me, thank you. 

3 Apprentice

• 

43 Posts

August 3rd, 2018 00:00

Hi @PacMaze

Please use

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

download and Install SupportAssist for PCs and Tablets latest version. 

Direct download link -   https://downloads.dell.com/serviceability/catalog/SupportAssistInstaller.exe  

Refer user guide for more details - https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/dell-supportassist-pcs-tablets_users-guide_en-us.pdf 

Thanks,

Dell - Kumar

#iwork4dell

28 Posts

August 3rd, 2018 10:00

Thank you for the help @revelli, but sadly I have had a problem for months now when installing support assist, I get the error: Installation canceled, there was an unexpected error that occurred when installing support assist... etc. In fact, I have been following the steps of another Dell Moderator via private messaging. He told me to follow these steps in order to fix this problem, but sadly it didn't work. So I was wondering whether you have a solution to my problem and can help me? Besides that, thank you very much:

"Please complete the following steps to fix this issue:

1. Press the Windows Logo key + “R”
  2. Type %programdata% and press Enter
  3. Delete the following folders:
    • PCDr
    • PC-Doctor, Inc
    • SupportAssist
  4. Press the Windows Logo key + “R”
  5. Type %appdata% and press Enter
  6. Delete the “PCDr” Folder
  7. Go to the folder “C:\Program Files\Dell\”
  8. Delete the following folders:
    • SupportAssistAgent
    • SupportAssist
  9. Press the Windows Logo key + “R”
  10. Type Regedit and press Enter
  11. In the Registry Editor Delete the following registry keys:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PC-Doctor
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\PC-Doctor
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Dell\SupportAssistAgent
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Dell\SAA

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Assemblies\CSmiley IndifferentProgram Files|Dell|SupportAssistAgent|bin|SupportAssistAgent.exe"

12.Download SupportAssistx64-2.2.0.253.msi from:

https://downloads.dell.com/serviceability/Catalog/

13.Uninstall Support Assist

14. Install Support Assist from the Support Site"

1 Message

May 9th, 2019 07:00

i uninstalled support assist and downloaded it from the microsoft app store.  works now

June 25th, 2019 08:00

I encountered the same issue. I can't get it to install even after uninstalling the present installation. If Dell can release an installer that will run without having to jump through several hoops I will happily reinstall. For the time being, considering the severity of the present issue with loading .dll files I am going to uninstall and leave it off our systems.
No Events found!