Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

48 Posts

February 7th, 2019 14:00

cannot launch support assist

Good afternoon.

I placed this on the desktop board and just realized that so posting here now.  Please disregard duplicate message on the desktop board.

Am running W10 pro 1803  version 17134.523 (latest available for my system).  I run support assist same time each month.  When run today came up with a message that stated "dell-supportassist?launch/Action=Home/Mode=Normal/Notification=false Invalid value for registry".  When I have problems with support assist I uninstall and reinstall it; this has happened a few times with the new support assist app that was changed by Dell.  Up to now this corrects whatever problem there is, and I got this from reading what others had done since it seems like this is a recurring problem.  Did so, this time from the windows support driver update page to ensure I got the latest version 3.1.30.0  which I assume is the latest (got this info from app info in W10).  It looked like it installed ok but it still will not launch.  I do not even get a message telling me what is wrong., nothing.

So, is there a known problem with support assist and should I wait until it is repaired?  Or is there something I can do to get this to work?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.  I will wait to hear back before doing anything on other machines.  I like what support assist does but it seems to take a lot of time fixing it over the past months.

48 Posts

February 7th, 2019 21:00

Just to add:  The version is 3.1.0.142 in Program and Features but when I open it in Windows 10 apps and features it is listed as 3.1.30.0.  The latter is from right clicking on the app in the W10 list and then going to apps settings.  Very confusing.

No Events found!