Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 16th, 2010 13:00

Can somebody explain what is this polling timed out ?, this is seen when symconfigure commit is done while Mapping to FAs.

Step 011 of 013 steps.....................................Executing.
    Polling...................................................Timed out.
    Polling...................................................Timed out.
    Local:  COMMIT............................................Done.
    Terminating the configuration change session..............Done.

The configuration change session has successfully completed.

54 Posts

September 16th, 2010 23:00

When symconfigure issues a script to the DMX there are steps that can take an indeterminant amount of time to execute. The software monitors these steps (polls them) for a certain amount of time. Each query or poll times out after a short period of time and a new query issued. The act of these queries timing out triggers the statement in the output. They are used for diagnostic reasons should the job fail during that phase.

Sam Claret EMC TSE3

8 Posts

September 17th, 2010 08:00

Thanks for the reply Sam, will this "timed out" have any potential effect if the command is succesful ?..as in my case..I see this everytime  I do mapping, the devices will be mapped normally.

88 Posts

September 17th, 2010 16:00

Once the script submits from host software, then the DMX code takes over.. This is why you eventually seen your devices mapped, provided everything runs through without iss. You can use "symaudit" to see the audit trail on the DMX or "symconfigure query" to monitor scripts.. See manpages and Solutions Enabler documents. If you are continually seeing this symptom, you should have this looked at in more depth.

54 Posts

September 20th, 2010 00:00

Assuming the script is eventually successful then no the time outs have no repercussions.

Sam Claret EMC TSE3

No Events found!