Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

5 Posts

June 9th, 2020 20:00

How to disable SNMP for VMAX service processor

Issue / Vulnerability:: "It is possible to obtain the default community name of the remote SNMP server.

An attacker may use this information to gain more knowledge about the remote host, or to change the configuration of the remote system (if the default community allows such modifications).
Output: The remote SNMP server replies to the following default community
string :

public"
Suggested Solution:: Disable the SNMP service on the remote host if you do not use it.
Either filter incoming UDP packets going to this port, or change the default community string.

How to disable the SNMP service for a service processor from SYMCLI?

C:\Program Files\EMC\SYMCLI\bin>symcfg list -v

Product Model : VMAX-1

Microcode Version (Number) : 5876 
Microcode Registered Build : 184
Microcode Patch Level : 272

Symmwin Version : 177
Enginuity Build Version : 5876.272.177

What is SYMCLI command to check SNMP settings for Service Processor?

Note: We are able to access Service processor  but not able to login. Thats why asking the symcli command to disable SNMP

5 Posts

June 9th, 2020 20:00

Is there any SYMCLI command to disable SNMP for VMAX Service Processor?

If not then how to disbale?

C:\Program Files\EMC\SYMCLI\bin>symcfg list -v

Product Model : VMAX-1

Microcode Version (Number) : 5876 (16F40000)
Microcode Registered Build : 184

Microcode Patch Level : 272

Symmwin Version : 177
Enginuity Build Version : 5876.272.177

Note: We are able to access Service Processor login screen using remotely anywhere but not able to login to SP

• 

6.9K Posts

June 10th, 2020 13:00

Hello DDSabale,

Do you have server with solution enabler installed?    With a Symmetrix system SNMP is configured & managed using solution enabler, Unisphere for VMAX , or ProSphere. https://dell.to/2MOUq2d

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

5 Posts

June 15th, 2020 01:00

Yes, I have installed Solution Enabler on Windows machine. Unisphere is also configureed on same machine.

Currently SNMP is not configured on Unisphere, I want to disable SNMP settings of VMAX service processor only. I have tried to access VMAX service processor  on Chrome browser and its redirected to remotely anywhere and its asking for username and password.  We don't know the credentials. Could you please help me with default credentials.

Is there any command to  change SNMP settings of VMAX Service processor?

• 

6.9K Posts

June 15th, 2020 16:00

Hello DDSabale,                                                         

Here is the link to Dell EMC Events and Alerts for PowerMax and VMAX. https://dell.to/2UL4MEX

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!