Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2014 12:00

More info/documentation on VMAX 400k

I'm having a hard time finding anything out there that gives any actual detail on the new VMAX3 series, HyperMAX 5977, Solutions Enabler 8.0, or Unisphere for VMAX 8.0.

Does this documentation exist yet and I'm just having search issues? My understanding was that the product has been shipping for a few months so I would have though there would be documentation available by now. I've looked over the information in the ATE session that was run but there isn't really anything concrete there that I don't already know. I want to evaluate the 400k against the 40k for an upcoming potential purchase but right now all I can find is marketing material (and not even very much of that).

On that note there isn't even a category in here that covers the new series if content did exist. Right now the options are DMX | VMAX 10k/20k/40k | Symmetrix Software

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 28th, 2014 13:00

Hi Allen,

Published documentation is coming. Some good information on emc.com however you can contact me directly for more information.

Its likely time GWL has an update on the new functionality along with any other interests / requirements.

Regards

Rick Ulmer

2.1K Posts

October 29th, 2014 06:00

Hello Rick,

It's good to hear your (virtual) voice again... it's been a long time. I was at the redefine launch in New York and got to talk to some of the leads on the VMAX3 team but even then could only dig so deep into the changes that are introduced. I've been patiently (or maybe not) waiting on more detail to be published but now we are up against the wall of investigating our next purchase and I really need to understand if my gut feeling on the 400K is right.

Interestingly enough we have the EMC account team meeting with us in Winnipeg next week. That is primarily to discuss ViPR SRM but there are a few other topics we have time for and I'm hoping someone there can speak to the VMAX3 topic as well.

In the mean time I'm looking for something more than just the spec sheet info I can find today. I think I've still got your e-mail address. If you don't hear from me in the next day or so my e-mail address is visible on my ECN account profile.

2 Posts

February 12th, 2015 05:00

Hi Rick, i was also looking for the same information as Allen was looking, even i opened a case with EMC for the same but they too helpless, if you have any documents relating to VMAX3 series, HyperMAX 5977, Solutions Enabler 8.0, or Unisphere for VMAX 8.0, plz send the URL's

Thanks

226 Posts

February 16th, 2015 07:00

Gopiyadav,

The VMAX3 documentation is available at https://support.emc.com. Click on "Support by Product" and then search for the product you're looking for. For example, "VMAX 400K" or "Unisphere for VMAX" or "Solutions Enabler".

Thanks,

- Sean

February 16th, 2015 22:00

Hi all,

very useful one hour video is available inside EMC for free "VMAX3 Fundamentals". A lot of great new features. I like SnapVx one

2.1K Posts

February 17th, 2015 10:00

Thanks. I'll take a look at this. I suspect it may not answer the questions I need answered, but it might be a good starting point to direct some of my co-workers to.

2 Posts

February 18th, 2015 00:00

Thank You Sean

No Events found!