Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2011 07:00

SMC Question

I am currently making the transition from ECC to SMC.  For the most part, SMC is pretty intuative, but I've now got 4 new hosts that have been zoned to see our DMX.  Issuing the SYMMASK list logins for the FA port shows that the host HBA is logged in and seeing the FA, but they do not show up in SMC when I try to create a host alias or mask a lun to it.  I do see the option to manually add a WWN in the Masking wizzard but I'm wondering how these new WWN should get discovered by SMC.  I have run the discovery option again on this DMX but the new WWN were not picked up using that process either.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 1st, 2012 22:00

Hello,

After zoning run disk scan from server you should be able to see the HBA logged into FA if it is properly zone. check the FA flags required by Operating system.

Command for DMAX :-  symmask -sid xxx list logins -dir xx -p x

command for VMAX :- symaccess -sid xxx list logins -dirport XX:X

Thanks

859 Posts

January 2nd, 2012 08:00

Hi Kevin,

If you have zoned the WWNs correctly then SMC should show it. Can you restart the smc service and see it shows it? What is the smc version?

regards,

saurabh

1 Message

January 3rd, 2012 08:00

Hi Kevin,

If you go to Dashboard tab on SMC v 7.3.1.4, you will see Common Tasks bar on right. Click on Add New Host .

1. Click Next on the welcome screen.

2. Enter Host name, select symmetrix, type in wwn and follow the wizard.

At end of wizard refresh, view and i hope now you will see new hosts in Alias list.

Thanks

27 Posts

January 3rd, 2012 08:00

Thanks everyone for the replies.  The server that I'm running SMC on was rebooted over the weekend.  I can now see the WWN's for the new hosts.  The next time a new host is zoned I will try adding it from the DASHBOARD--ADD NEW HOST panel.

Kevin

No Events found!