Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 3rd, 2013 08:00

SYMCFG DISCOVERY ISSUE

Hello,

We have two DMX arrays. One, the DMX-2000 is getting ready to be erased and sent back to EMC. Solutions enabler is running the discovery and symcli scripts on a server that is zoned to that array. That server is old is also being decomissioned and will be unzoned due to the erasure.

The DMX-3 is staying in house for at least another two months (that one is also being erased eventually) so I need to run Open Replicator and other symcli commands/sync split/ etc on that array. I have done a symcfg discover on a server zoned only to the DMX-3, ran my scripts and everything works for the most part except the sync/split.

I am not seeing my device groups at all on the dmx-3 on the new server that I ran symcfg discover. I read a lot of information on powerlink about exporting device groups, but the problem is, I only want the export the device groups that are on the DMX-3 that will be around for the next few months. What can I do to accomplisth this?

Would I have to rediscover after exporting?

Many thanks!

Admingirl

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

if the old server is still available you could export all the groups just for DMX3 and import them on the new server

symdg exportall -file dmx3.groups -sid 123

symdg importall -file dmx3.groups

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

you were not using GNS groups , were you ? Did you export the old groups from the old server, or did you save a copy of symapi_db.bin ?

614 Posts

January 3rd, 2013 09:00

Awesome! Thanks again!

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

Nope

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

614 Posts

Thank you Dynamox,

The old environment wasn't using GNS groups. I checked and it was disbabled. All I did was just do a symcfg discover.

I will execute the commands above based on the sid.

Thanks again!

Admingirl

No Events found!