Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 7th, 2010 22:00

Tru64 Cluster 5.1B OS migrate from CX700 to DMX4

Dear All,

I tried to migrate Tru64 cluster 5.1B OS volumes from CX700 to DMX4. after cloning the OS with Vdump commands to the new disks (DMX4), we booted up the OS successfully. However, the root disk can't be detected ( Null (4/2/4) , it shown NULL disk at OS level.

If anyone had experience on Tru64 OS migration, appricate for your help to share with me the procedures/methods that you found is more suitable to deal with. And, what are the settings needed at DMX4 to ensure the Tru64 can see the disks correctly.

Thank you.

14 Posts

August 8th, 2010 15:00

Hi

You may want to contact support and have a ticket opened for the UNIX team to assist. May need to get any necessary emcGRABS. Alternatively, you could post this on the UNIX support Forum.

Thanks

Peter

137 Posts

August 9th, 2010 07:00

Hello,

knowledgebase Article emc59407 should be of particular help as it lists a number of associated articles for Tru64.

It lists an amount of information including the connectivity guide.

Also there is a similar issue detailed in emc36049 which may be of assistance as to why device naming may differ.

Hope this helps,

Nollaig

August 9th, 2010 20:00

Dear Psetags/ Nollaig,

Thanks a lot.

The suggestions and Primuses given are extremely helpful. I found the differences between Tru64 and other platforms.

I will perform the changes based on the recommendations stated in the primuses.

I had replied as "Helpful"

Have a nice day guys!

137 Posts

August 12th, 2010 07:00

Thank you,

Have a great day too :-)

No Events found!