Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Y

June 1st, 2012 15:00

What is ECA (Environmental Collection Appliance)?

Can someone please tell me what ECA is and how I can leverage this?

Is there any documentation on this and is it available for customers?

859 Posts

June 3rd, 2012 04:00

The Environment Collection Appliance (ECA) is a specialized tool based on Ionix Storage Discovery Appliance (SDA) 2.2. It includes all the functionality of SDA 2.2 plus additional functionality to process EMC Grab and EMCReports scripts. ECA performs the following functional steps as a service:

• Discovers hosts using one or more existing SDA discovery mechanisms
  • Distributes the appropriate Grab and Report scripts to target hosts
  • Runs the scripts on the target hosts and collects the results (ZIP files)

And you can find it on Powerlink under:

Home > Support > Product and Diagnostic Tools > Environment Collection Appliance (ECA) > 2.1

134 Posts

June 3rd, 2012 16:00

We may not be licensed for this. I dont see it under product and diagnostic tools.

Should we own IONIX to get this?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 23rd, 2013 06:00

ECA (current version 3.0) is available for download from https://elabadvisor.emc.com/app/licensedtools/list

The software is downloadable by EMC employees and partners and can be freely deployed in customer environments during a services engagement and left on site for customer use after the service engagement. The documentation is, however,  downloadable by customers.

16 Posts

July 7th, 2015 15:00

Can customers download ECA and use it without a services engagement?  Or to get the software for use, their needs to be a services engagement prior, and then the software can be left with the customer to use?

There are no licensing involved?

1 Message

December 14th, 2016 15:00

Where i can download the OVF file for ECA.

17 Posts

January 30th, 2018 05:00

ECT (Environment Collection Tool) v2.1.1

ECT is a tool that replaces ECA and can automate the process of running EMC Grabs on the target hosts. This tool is primarily targeted for the EMC VSD teams engaged in data migrations. The user can upload the GOZ files to ELA to get Interoperability and remediation reports. Also upload the GOZ files to ATLAS to get Environment report (gives Host Name, WWPN number, LUN Id, Total Capacity, Free/Used capacity, OS and more).

elabadvisor > licensed tools

1 Message

January 30th, 2018 06:00

Can’t find the tool?

Do you have a link?

Regards,

Dave Whitson

No Events found!