Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

2 Posts

June 9th, 2020 06:00

BIOS Upgrade

Hello everyone;

I have here a R710, witch's gonna be a VMWare hypervisor.. I've noticed that it's bios revision is at a very old version (2.2.10), and I want to put it up to date (6.6.0). Here's my doubt: May I upgrade directly between them, or should I upgrade to a intermediary version before? 

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

June 9th, 2020 13:00

I took a look at the BIOS versions available, 6.1.0 is the oldest hosted version I can find. Personally, I would go to that version first, then 6.6. That having been said, the large BIOS version jumps that I've seen have largely gone fine. I've had a few instances where boards failed as a result but I don't think there was a relationship in how great the version jump was. You would likely be fine going straight to 6.6.

4 Operator

• 

2.9K Posts

June 11th, 2020 07:00

Did you get an opportunity to try the BIOS update? If so, was there anything else I could do to help out, or were you all set?

June 12th, 2020 10:00

I got the oldest files from dell ftp, but I'm having difficulties upgrading it, maybe because my USC is out of date too.. I'm gonna upgrade the USC firmware first and than try to upgrade my bios...

4 Operator

• 

1.9K Posts

June 12th, 2020 14:00

If its a very old R710 and you have never applied iDRAC/LCC updates your certificates are out dated and the  LCC cant validate the package. It doesn't matter which package you use or how you try to apply the updates.

You have to apply there emergency LCC update which is a 1.5x or 1.75 version. I cant remember but its available for download in the r710 download section.

After that you can install all newer packages.

Regards,
Joerg

No Events found!