Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2015 00:00

Can not Launch iDRAC6 virtual console on FireFox

Hi Guys,

I want to login to a remote server via iDRAC.

I can login to the iDRAC but not able to launch the virtual console from there.

every time I try to launch the JNLP, it throws below error and quits.

-----------------------

Missing Application-Name manifest attribute for: xxx/.../avctKVM.jar
Missing Permissions manifest attribute in main jar: xxx/.../avctKVM.jar
6 26, 2015 1:44:52 PM java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences
Warning: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.
06/26/2015 01:44:52:909: Starting client.
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

---------------------------

I suppose above is just a warning and is not the actual reason/root cause of the issue.

the iDRAC bios version is 1.70.

I am using firefox 31.4.

Java version : java 8, update 45.

A day before i could login to the console but i could not enter anything from keyboard. keyboard input was not just accepted.

when i continued doing some debugging and google search today, the login expired due to session timeout.  then I was not able to  even login to the iDRAC. Then I cleared the Firefox browser cache.

Then I could login but now no access to virtual console.

I tried to search a lot on google and do some changes on my machine which went in vein , hence opening a case with dell forum so that somebody could help.

Let me know about below.

1. how to successfully launch virtual console.

2. once launched how to enable the keyboard input.

Thanks!

Rohant.

• 

6.2K Posts

June 26th, 2015 12:00

Hello

You can review the readme on the iDRAC 1.7 page for requirements. It is the release notes for firmware version 1.7.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/integrated-dell-remote-access-cntrllr-6-for-monolithic-srvr-v1.7/manuals

Thanks

2 Posts

June 28th, 2015 19:00

Hello Daniel,

I checked the manuals and the readme. My local machine matches the requirements specified.

for your reference I am mentioning them as below.

FF: 31.4

JRE:1.8_45

IE: 9.0.8~

So from requirements perspective everything looks OK. Still I get the error as mentioned earlier.

and interesting is that, it had worked 2 days before and I could see the login page command prompt on console but just could not type in as keyboard was not recognized for that console.

Could you please let me know, what must be going wrong?

Thanks & Regards,
~Rajesh

• 

6.2K Posts

July 1st, 2015 15:00

Please provide a link to the download page of the firmware you are running. Neither of those browsers are in the list of supported browsers for the iDRAC6 1.7 firmware. I don't know what you are referencing that states those browsers are supported. Also, why are you running the 1.7 firmware? That is a really old firmware version.

Thanks

61 Posts

November 16th, 2015 08:00

I'm having the same problem and nothing seems to work. Dell's DRAC has always been an unstable clumsy mess of a software. All these complaints, all these years and still no progress.

I'm running:

Windows 10 64bit

DRAC 6 Enterprise with FW 1.99

Java's latest version: (build 1.8.0_65-b17) + whitelisted DRAC IPMI IP addresses as https://ipaddress

Replicated in Firefox 42, Edge, IE11.

Strange enough, it works fine on Safari Mobile iOS 9, but this is not a viable option to access terminal console.

No Events found!