Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

3 Posts

July 22nd, 2019 11:00

DELL OMSA 9.3 Login Failed....connection error

I have been having issues with OMSA. I can log into manage the web server with the admin account. This server had OMSA running perfectly fine until we had a raid array fail. We reinstalled all the software and created a brand new raid array with new drives. I issued new certificates, added localhost:1311 to trusted sites, lowered all the permissions for the localhost domain. Tried Chrome, Brave and MSIE. I'm at a loss for what to do...

3 Posts

July 22nd, 2019 12:00

Also, didn't log in with the initial pop up. Used every variant of localhost:1311, servername:1311, 10.0.0.xxx:1311, etc. Created another admin account, tried that. No go. Created new certificates, got those working so there is no certificate errors on MSIE. Still getting login errors. Ensured bios, lifecycle/idrac etc are all updated to the newest firmwares etc. I can't figure it out...any DELL mods got an idea?

3 Posts

July 23rd, 2019 11:00

Any ideas??

1 Rookie

• 

21 Posts

August 6th, 2019 21:00

Hello, If you are not able to login to OMSA there could be one of the reasons listed below 1. OMSA services are not running 2.Connection problem To check if the OMSA services are running fine Linux: .Run # "srvadmin-services.sh status" Check if all the services are running fine (service status shows active ) Windows: Go to Services.msc check for DSM SA Connection Service ,DSM SA Data Manager, DSM SA Event Manager services are in running state. ESXI: /etc/init.d/sfcbd-watchdog status Please confirm if all the services are running ,if not running please start the services and try again to login . For more information please get back with OS Used, OMSA version, Server Used Thanks, Karthik #IWork4Dell

November 26th, 2019 15:00

I have the same problem - running on Windows. I have checked the services you mention and only find DSM SA Connection Service. I do not find the others.

What do you suggest?

1 Rookie

• 

118 Posts

November 26th, 2019 20:00

Hello EricSnyder526,

Let me brief in.. 

If you had seen only DSM SA Connection Service, believe you had installed OMSA webserver on a client system and this is not a server operating system.

(OR)

On the windows server operating system, only "webserver" is actually installed and not complete OMSA features are installed.

What I would recommend further given your situation is :

I would request to please try to repair the installation from the device manager or uninstall and install the complete OMSA / typical installation from the installer on the target windows server operating system.

Post the successful install on the target server, please cross check if all the below services are running in the services.msc

I would recommend you to take a look at "Troubleshooting" section of the OMSA user guide

https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/openmanage-server-administrator-v93_users-guide3_en-us.pdf

clipboard_image_1.png

Also, would suggest taking a look at the section "Server Administrator services" in the same document for having a brief idea on what are the services needed for making it work.

I am sure you will get things working this way! Good luck

Cheers

Vivek

#iwork4dell

42 Posts

November 27th, 2019 03:00

We're having the same issue, on all our Dell servers. After entering our username/password, it immediately logs us out. 

I tried re-installing OMSA, accessing locally and remotely, using a different browser etc. 

I've been using this software for years with no issue. All of them have failed to log me in over the last couple of weeks. 

I have a gut feeling a security update within Windows may have caused this as the software itself hasn't been adjusted.

November 27th, 2019 12:00

Vivek - When doing the forced reinstall I get the error:

SYSTEMSMANAGEMENT:FileUtils::CreateDir. Failed to create directory apache-tomcat\conf

And then I get the next error:

SYSTEMSMANAGEMENT:CopyFileAction(): Failed to copy the file C:\Program Files\Dell

SysMgt/apache-tomcat/conf/keystore.db to /apache-tomcat/conf/keystore.db

November 27th, 2019 12:00

I just rolled back the system updates and it did not help. Trying a forced reinstall now.

November 27th, 2019 14:00

I have done a forced reinstall and still have the same issue. I also only have one service showing up in the services: DSM SA Connection Service.

Even with the forced install I did not end up with the other services.

1 Rookie

• 

118 Posts

November 27th, 2019 20:00

Hello Eric,

First up, if you see only one service running, the installation is not a complete success on the target server.

Now, instead of repair and force install, could you attempt to completely remove OMSA by uninstalling and then clear the registry entries for anything related to the error path that you mentioned - remove those entries? Then install freshly again. I also would recommend removing the existing JRE/JDK on the server for the time being.

Appears there is some kind of corruption in the registry entries.

The error text as appears seems to be related to the registry in apache - can you attempt to remove or clean those entries and uninstall corresponding software for time being.

These would make the server come back to the baseline for OMSA installation further. Once OMSA is installed you can try installing other software back. I hope this would be of some pointer to clear up this issue. Please give it a try.

Thanks

Vivek

#iwork4dell

1 Rookie

• 

118 Posts

November 27th, 2019 20:00

Hello DaveB-Opt,

Could you please share the suspected specific security update link that was done on windows.

Is this for Windows Server 2019 or Windows Server 2016 OS? Please let us know to duplicate the issue from our end.

Thanks

Vivek

#iwork4dell

42 Posts

November 28th, 2019 00:00

Hi Vivek,

I've actually started a new thread so as not to confuse matters - https://www.dell.com/community/Systems-Management-General/DELL-OMSA-Immediately-logs-me-out/m-p/7422360#M28263

All our servers are 2012 R2

Thanks

12 Posts

December 20th, 2019 11:00

Vivek: Thank you. For some reason I am not getting notified that a post has been posted on this thread.

What do I look for regarding registry entries? I would hate to guess.

1 Rookie

• 

118 Posts

December 20th, 2019 20:00

Hello there, before we get to check anything in the registry, can you help checking on the Faulty server recovery section in the user guide. This is below reference index thread.

https://www.dell.com/community/Systems-Management-General/DELL-OMSA-9-3-Login-Failed-connection-error/m-p/7422207/highlight/true#M28261

Regards

Vivek

12 Posts

December 31st, 2019 13:00

Vivek:

I have performed the troubleshooting procedure as the document specifies. I cannot find any services that look like they go with OMSA. THe documentation on page 71 states that the services should be:

"SM SA Connection Service"

"SM SA Shared Services"

"SM SA Data Management"

"SM SA Event Manager"

- I cannot find anything by those names or anything that starts by  "Systems Management" or "Server Administrator" or "OMSA" or Open". I've also looked for "Connection", "Shared Services", "Data Management" and "Event Manager".

Nothing???

No Events found!