Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 27th, 2012 14:00

Dell T710 Perc 6/i AUTOMATED VD CONSISTENCY CHECK

Hello,

I have a dell t710 how can I make Dell Openmange check the Consistency of my Virtual Disks monthly?

So it becomes outmated and I get a report when its done via e-mail?

Thanks,

Retina

• 

6.2K Posts

August 27th, 2012 17:00

Hello Retina

Setting up the automated consistency check is quite easy. Reporting the outcome is not as easy. To set up the automatic consistency check you will need OpenManage Server Administrator installed. You will then use Windows Task Scheduler to schedule the event.

• Open a Command Line Interface and run these two commands
    • omreport storage controller
    • omreport storage vdisk controller=ID
    • Take note of the controller number and virtual disk number. These are the numbers you will use in the consistency check command.
  • Create a new event
  • Configure the repeat timer in Trigger
  • In the action tab create a new action
  • Select program in the drop down list
  • Put this command in the Program/script line(Include quotations): "omconfig storage vdisk action=checkconsistency controller=0 vdisk=1"
    • You will need to put your controller and virtual disk number in the proper fields. These values are obtained via omreport.

If set up correctly that command will start a consistency check at whatever time interval you selected. I considered several possibilities in creating some form of message for the outcome of the consistency check. The best method I could think of is event ID alerts. You will set it up like this:

• Create a new event in task scheduler
  • Create new trigger
    • Choose "On an event" in the drop down list
    • Leave it on Basic
    • Choose System in the log drop down
    • Change source to Server Administrator
    • Enter the event ID number(Look below)
    • Click OK
  • Go to the actions tab and select New
    • Choose send an email
    • Fill out all of the information(Text below)

You will need to create 4 alerts, so you will be repeating the above steps 4 times. Here are the different Event ID's and messages. You can enter whatever message you want. I will include a suggested message that identifies the event.

• Event ID: 2085
    • Text for email: Consistency check completed with no errors
  • Event ID: 2076
    • Text for email: Consistency check failed to complete
  • Event ID: 2341
    • Text for email: Consistency check completed with corrections
  • Event ID: 2397
    • Text for email: Consistency check completed, but encountered uncorrectable errors

Once you have all of that set up consistency check should run on an automated schedule and email you the outcome.

Thanks

No Events found!