Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

1 Message

November 27th, 2018 22:00

Hardware Audit

Hello, I have been tasked with performing a comprehensive hardware audit of - Dell R620 servers Dell Equalogic storage array Dell Powervault tape library Juniper switches This would include install components, cpu, disk, memory, bios, sfp's, firmware versions etc. The dell servers don't have any OS on them. I was wondering if there is a free tool that I can use to audit the hardware and save it to a report either html or csv. I could manually go through and do this but it's a pretty slow process and I figured if there is something available now then I could use that. I'm guessing the biggest problem is there is no OS so I can't install an agent of any kind unless I install server 2016 on each box. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks kindly, Gilbert

• 

6.2K Posts

November 28th, 2018 09:00

Hello

One of the big features added with our 12th generation servers was improved agent-less support. The iDRAC7 in the R620 is capable of providing a lot of system information without need of an agent like OpenManage Server Administrator installed on the host operating system.

If you use a centralized management station like OpenManage Essentials or OpenManage Enterprise it should be able to communicate with the iDRACs and get the information. It has the ability to scan network ranges for equipment. You can read more about OME and OMEn on the product support page. OMEn was just released and will eventually replace OME. They are both supported currently.

http://www.dell.com/openmanagemanuals/

OME and OMEn work with other products besides our servers, so you can review the documentation to see if it will get the information you need from the other systems as well.

Thanks

No Events found!