Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2014 09:00

Is there a way to query the CMC IP/blade slot from iDRAC racadm command?

I need to be able to get the IP address of the CMC of the chassis and the slot number from the DRAC of that blade. Since this information is available in the web interface I assume it must be passing through the DRAC but I haven't been able to locate this information from racadm getsysinfo or doing a configuration dump.

Preferably I would like this to work on 11g servers as that is the oldest hardware that is common in the environment I support.

Thanks.

• 

6.2K Posts

October 29th, 2014 15:00

Hello Jim

I don't have a blade with an operating system on it available at the moment. Try the omreport command to see if it will gather the info you are looking for. Type this to pull up a list of commands:

omreport /?

If that doesn't help then let me know and I will see about testing on one of our blades.

Thanks

14 Posts

October 30th, 2014 08:00

omreport doesn't help. I need to be able to pull this information from remote racadm.exe commands or a ssh session as I'm often working in a pre-OS configuration.

• 

6.2K Posts

October 30th, 2014 09:00

omreport doesn't help. I need to be able to pull this information from remote racadm.exe commands or a ssh session as I'm often working in a pre-OS configuration.

I'm not aware of a method to pull chassis information through a remote session into a DRAC on a blade.

Thanks

3 Posts

September 8th, 2018 00:00

Even am also searching the same. @Anonymous Team, Please help us here.

June 11th, 2020 09:00

I know this is a super old post, but anyone else who comes looking here. This is now possible in idrac 9.

Grant_Curell_0-1591891682589.png

Grant Curell
Dell Engineer

1 Message

June 20th, 2021 22:00

get System.ChassisInfo.IPV4Address

get System.ServerTopology.BladeSlotNumInChassis

No Events found!