Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

January 29th, 2016 14:00

OMSA v4.5 Uninstall on Windows Server 2008 x86

Had old PowerEdge 2550 server running Windows Server 2003 & OMSA v4.5 installed.  Retired hardware system & imported system into VMware ESXi.  Upgraded from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008 x86.  At that time I had to get some special OMClean to remove an offending driver (before Microsoft would proceed with the Windows upgrade).  I had also tried to remove OMSA v4.5 at that time (prior to Windows upgrade), but it wouldn't uninstall.  Windows wasn't complaining, so I moved on.

Now, I really want All of the Dell OMSA stuff removed, since the system is using VMware virtual hardware now.  OMSA may not be hurting anything, but there are a few stray error messages occasionally in Windows Event Logs.  Running Windows Uninstall in Control Panel for OMSA v4.5 bombs out with Installer Ended Prematurely.

The only documentation that I've seen on fixing UNINSTALL says to forcibly reinstall same version of OMSA, then Windows Uninstall should work.

Tried that using OMSA v4.5, but again installer bombs out with Installer Ended Prematurely.

Tried using OMSA v6.5, but it claims to need OMSA v5.x first.  Couldn't find OMSA v5.x installer to try upgrade, but would imagine that it won't like running on Windows Server 2008 (since it's not listed as being supported by OMSA v5.x).

I just want OMSA to be GONE! BYE BYE! CAPUT!

Please Help...

Thanks!

No Responses!
No Events found!