Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 19th, 2012 17:00

OpenManage Essentials System Up/Down Messages

Hi everyone, thanks for any help first of all.  I decided to give OME a try and so far it is working great for us. 

We have one issue that I was hoping there was a solution for.  We have a few branch office servers in Germany, Italy, and Japan. Sometimes our connection to those servers isn't the best and we are disconnected briefly.  What I'll see is a message that the server is down and then another message about 30 seconds later that the server is up. 

Is there any way to set a slight lag on the messages, for example, if the software is unable to reach the server for 1 minute then trigger the alert?

Thanks again

Mike

• 

8.8K Posts

April 20th, 2012 08:00

Mike,

You can extend the parameter of the alert. You will need to go to the Discovery Range Configuration and then select Include Range, then right click on the Range to edit the settings. You will need to configure the Timeouts and Retries on both the ICMP and SNMP page. SNMP is most important as the discovery is already complete.

Let me know how it goes.

3 Apprentice

• 

943 Posts

April 20th, 2012 09:00

additional post here in repository manager forum

en.community.dell.com/.../19442973.aspx

5 Posts

April 30th, 2012 12:00

Thanks much, I'll give the snmp timeout and retry settings a go.  I was only able to set the timeout to a max of 15 seconds but I set retry to 4... I'll report back.  I'm guessing that this will do the trick.

Thanks again.

5 Posts

May 1st, 2012 13:00

It's been a day and a half and no false positives so thanks much for the help.

No Events found!