Niesbeest
1 Nickel

OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter: OMSA Configuration failed: Could not contact the given vCenter server due to wrong credentials.

In total we got 15 ESXi hosts running within 2 Datacenters, Data 1 and Data 2.

Data 1 has 1 cluster with 1 ESXi host running

Data 2 has 2 clusters, Cluster 1 and Cluster 2.

Cluster 1 has 9 ESXi Hosts

Cluster 2 has 5 ESXi Hosts

I have been able to add al hosts from Data 1 - cluster 1 in to the Appliance.

But when we try to add the ESXi hosts from Cluster 2 we get the following error:

Configure OMSA Failed, Reason: OMSA Configuration failed: Could not contact the given vCenter server due to wrong credentials. Check the username and password.

OMSA is already installed on the ESXi hosts and the connection profiles are working.

We rebooted the appliance just to make sure but the errors keeps returning.

I think it has something to do with 2 Clusters in 1 datacenter.

I'am also looking for a e-mail address or phone number to log a support call.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter: OMSA Configuration failed: Could not contact the given vCenter server due to wrong credentials.

Niesbeest,

From the host that the Appliance is on, are you able to ping any of the other hosts? 
Would you be able to make a separate connection profile for the for the hosts in the other data center?

Confirm the drac password is correct,  and that you can log into the OMSA web interface on the hosts you're trying to add.

After you create the connection profile you can test it and that will test the credentials as well.

Let me know what you find.                    

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos