Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

11 Posts

October 1st, 2019 16:00

OpenManage server with OpenJDK

After installing OpenManage on Windows 2016 server it worked properly until I installed another software package that installs OpenJDK as part of its environment.  The OpenJDK is installed in the Program Files folder.  Once this is installed, OpenManage will not start.  It gets an Apache error "Description The server cannot or will not process the request due to something that is perceived to be a client error (e.g., malformed request syntax, invalid request message framing, or deceptive request routing)."

I assume there is somewhere in the TomCat configuration to fix this, but I can't find it.  Any help would be appreciated. 

ler

3 Posts

November 23rd, 2019 09:00

which JRE is used for OMSA. OM Bundled JRE or system's JRE?

#omreport preferences webserver attribute=getjre

#IWork4Dell

Regards,

Vinoth K

Test Engineer

Dell EMC | Infrastructure Solutions Group

1 Rookie

• 

118 Posts

November 25th, 2019 20:00

Hello, RamseyHere

I hope you had the issue resolved. in case, can we get this info to understand further to help you? 

1. Which version of OpenManage Server Administrator is on the box

2. What is the OpenJDK version externally installed into "Program files"

Here is a bit of pointer from the OMSA user guide @ https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/openmanage-server-administrator-v93_users-guide3_en-us.pdf 

The reference is section: Webserver preferences pg 37

clipboard_image_1.png

Since you were unable to login to OMSA due to crash as such, I would recommend to uninstall and reinstall and give a try to the above pointers.

Regards

Vivek

#Iwork4Dell

No Events found!