Koen87
2 Bronze

Retrieve SNMP information

Situation:

Dell Poweredge server with Server Administrator 8.2

Windows Server 2008R2 with SNMP service installed

Third party agent to monitor the server

I configured the snmp service in Windows correctly (read only, public, ..). When I launch the Dell Troubleshooting Tool to test the SNMP fuction it works correct. I reinstalled Server Administrator 8.2 because I read that he does not install the SNMP MIB's when the SNMP service is not installed, so I installed SNMP service and reinstalled Server Administrator.

But .. My third party monitoring tool/agent which uses SNMP can't read anything..

Do I need Open Manage Essentials? Or is Server Administrator enough?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Retrieve SNMP information

Koen87,

Unless it is one of the more recent servers then you will likely need Essentials as well. With the newer servers you would only need Essentials, but with others you need both Server Admin and Essentials together.

After having uninstalled and reinstalled OpenManage Server Admin (OMSA) I would suggest that you verify the settings displayed here, are configured correctly.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise

href="http://twitter.com/DellCaresPRO">Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
Koen87
2 Bronze

RE: Retrieve SNMP information

Chris,

Thanks for the information. Do you mean that as from iDrac 7 we do not need Essentials? This particular server has iDrac 6, I will install Essentials and give it another try.

0 Kudos