Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 14th, 2011 13:00

Server Recommendations

I have a client that is looking to migrate their existing SBS2003 to Server 2008 Standard R2. We plan on purchasing exchange 2010 and migrating their exchange data over as well. They currently have about 30 machines and 50 users on their current server. What PowerEdge server do you all recommend for them and what kind of specs do I need to consider. The new server will be used for Exchange, File Server, DC, and will will be the primary catalog server. Specifications would be very helpful. If you need any more information please let me know.

27 Posts

February 15th, 2011 19:00

They sound like good candidates for virtualization to me. If they're willing to implement a decent storage platform (Equallogic), then you could easily run that load on a single R710.

34 Posts

February 17th, 2011 08:00

"They sound like good candidates for virtualization to me. If they're willing to implement a decent storage platform (Equallogic), then you could easily run that load on a single R710."
Doubt a small business would even consider an equalogic san. I do agree with the virtualization angle though... You could get an R410 if they have a rack. If not, a T410 would be fine. This server with a good bit of memory (~24GB) would be a good choice for standard windows or VM host. Any idea what the budget looks like?
No Events found!