Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 26th, 2011 05:00

Virtual Drive not show in BIOS after connected Virtual Media in iDRAC

Hi,

I got a problem using iDRAC to install from an ISO OS image to a M600 Server.

Steps I have perform are :

1.  Login to iDRAC, System->Console->Launch Viewer

2.   In iDRACView, Media->CD Media->ISO Image->[Select and OS .iso image]->Connect->Close

After server reboot, "boot sequence" in BIOS shown

USB CD-ROM device (not installed)
     USB Floppy device (not installed)
     Hard drive C:
     Embedded NIc 1 MBA v4.4.4 Slot 0400

According to Dell manaul the boot sequence should show Virtual CD etc but I got everything not installed.

Server unable boot from the image but  "Current Status" in Virtual Media of iDRAC is "connected.

My server is Dell M600 and iDRAC IPMI version is 2.0 and Firmware version is 1.60 (Build 3).  Please help.  Thank you

Rdgs,

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 26th, 2011 07:00

Certainly an unusual issue.  Couple of questions to better understand the issue.  

1st.  Has this worked properly at any point, or is this the first time getting into this part of the iDRAC functionality?

2nd. Have you tried different media to ensure the issue isnt isolated just to this disk?

What is especially unusual is it lists the virtual media as connected, but clearly isnt resolving as expected.

2 Posts

August 30th, 2011 03:00

thank you for your advise.  I checked for other server module and is working.  Likely need call for service.

1 Message

January 6th, 2014 01:00

I came across the same problem today.

There's something wrong with the iDRAC obviously.

Luckly, I've found a solution by resetting iDRAC.

But I couldn't find the button "reset". Instead, try this way:

1, "Launch iDRAC GUI" to open "Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller" browser

2, Click "iDRAC" under "Remote Access" in the left tree menu

3, Click "Update" tab and then click "next"

4, since we don't really need to update the iDRAC firmware, click "cancel", and iDRAC will reset itself by default

No Events found!