Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 2nd, 2013 07:00

Where is OMSA 7.2?

Maybe I am missing something, so please correct me if I am doing this wrong.

I use OME to manage/monitor several VMware ESXi servers, all ranging between 4.0-5.1. I load the OM Offline VIB bundle, configure SNMP, and discover in OME, everything is great. I then install OpenManage Server Administrator Managed Node so that I can configure things like the RAID settings, so on and so forth. Plus there's thing you can't see in OME that OMSA gives you.

Recently I downloaded the 7.2 VIB and loaded it, but I cannot locate the OpenManage Server Administrator Managed Node 7.2 download. I did a google search and came across the Linux version (needs Windows). Is 7.2 just not out and delayed? Or should I no longer be using it? The 7.1 version will not connect to the 7.2 VIB.

Thanks!

January 2nd, 2013 07:00

Hi there,

I think this might be what you need to manage the ESXi hosts from a Windows machine: www.dell.com/.../DriverDetails . That is for Server 2008, 2008 R2, and 2012. Do you need it for a different version of Windows? Let me know if that works or if I can provide further assistance. Thanks for choosing Dell!

January 2nd, 2013 13:00

Well, it looks like we do not have a separate version for 2003 for 7.2. The previous OMSA versions used the same download for several different versions of Windows, so it's possible the same download will work ok on there, though at this point 2003 is deprecated and also not supported on the 12G systems and support from OpenManage will be dropped going forward.

No problem, let us know how it goes and if we can help with anything else!

Thanks Jonathan, I can't believe I didn't check under 2008. Thanks again!

that is what I was looking for! Is there a version for 2003?

No Events found!