Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2013 16:00

Power Supply Redundancy Lost with no corresponding PSU Issue

Looking for troubleshooting advise for this issue being alerted as Critical in OME.

I am receiving solely the Power Supply redundancy is lost alert without any sort of issues with either of the redundant power supplies. There isn't anything correlating in the hardware or event logs concerning power or the PSUs. However, I am seeing a "The memory module 1 temperature is greater than the upper warning threshold." at the same time frame (only thing consistently mapping up over past week. The redundancy is lost for 8-10 hours and then comes back for 16 or so hours over past few weeks.

All firmware and drivers are updated to current Dell pack. that seemed to address it for a day or two...

Before I send a field person to look at it, any ideas what this might be???

1 Rookie

• 

35 Posts

March 16th, 2015 14:00

We got the same issue here on two R720 with DELTA 750W PSUs. They intermittently loose power with the following Error Message (in SEL):

PS1 Input Lost was asserted or

PS2 Input Lost was asserted

As Lukeal (OP) mentioned I don't see anything correlated in the hardware or event logs concerning power or the PSUs either; rather we have another R720 with the exact same BIOS and firmware level running on the same UPS-driven 20A circuit and it doesn't show any anomalies which removes one variable.

I just finished updating the PSU FW from 07.2B.7D to 07.2B.80 (it will fail due to a bug in the DUP to update to 09.2B.80); however the changelog ( http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=JX7PR ) only mentions that it fixes "false Fan Fault errors". We are basically looking at "false Input Lost errors" that need to be fixed.

Are there logs stored in the PSU which I could extract. How?

No Events found!