Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

2 Intern

• 

360 Posts

November 17th, 2014 06:00

R610 Cache Battery problem

So we have an R610 that's displaying a problem with the Cache Battery.  The OMSA log is flipping between "The storage battery has failed" and "The storage battery is operating normally" every20-30 seconds.

The OMSA information under "Battery on Controller PERC 6/i Integrated" shows the battery as MISSING.

We have Nagios setup to pull from OMSA and it's showing: Cache Battery 0 in controller 0 is Missing

Is this the battery that's a rectangle and goes in the front left corner of the server behind the power button?  If so, we just replaced this battery last week as it was showing a failure then as well.  I guess it's possible that the battery is faulty but that would seem to be a bit strange.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on here and if there's anything else I can check?  Is that the right battery?

Thanks!

• 

8.8K Posts

November 17th, 2014 08:00

Kelemvor33,

The battery it is referring to is pictured below. One thing I would start with is making sure that the raid controller installed is up to date on its driver and firmware. As well as reseat the battery connection, that is if that battery is not the one you had referred to replacing earlier.

If you let me know the OS, as well as the controller, I can get you the necessary links.

2 Intern

• 

360 Posts

November 20th, 2014 11:00

Hi,

That is the battery that we replaced as it had previously said it was bad.  Now it's not saying it's bad, it's saying it's missing.

Would OMSA report if the controller was out of date wit hit's firmware?  The only thing in OMSA is this battery problem.

I just went and disconnected and reconnected the battery and then cleared all the logs.  In OMSA it initially said State: Charging which causes it to show the Warning icon.

I don't know how long it will sit that way until it either is Good or Bad...

• 

8.8K Posts

November 20th, 2014 12:00

The time it takes to charge is about 24hrs. The controller will normally tell you it is out of date. You can see this under Storage - then highlight the controller. On the right it will display the version you are at and if an update is needed. What is the version currently showing?

No Events found!