Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

1 Rookie

• 

357 Posts

July 15th, 2016 08:00

SUU is showing an Upgrade as a Downgrade...

I have some R630s that have the OS Collector v1.0.  The latest repository and the Support website have Version 2.0.  For whatever reason, the SUU program is showing the 2.0 as a Downgrade from 1.0.

I'm not sure if I should check it since it appears it will indeed run the 2.0 version since it seems to be confused.

Any thoughts?

Screenshot attached.

1 Attachment

• 

6.2K Posts

July 15th, 2016 16:00

Hello

It should update to 2.0 if you choose to update. The likely reason that it shows as a downgrade is because the revision naming has changed. It is comparing revisions that are using a different format, so it thinks you are downgrading to 2.0 from OSC_1.0. It sees 2 as older than o.

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

357 Posts

July 15th, 2016 20:00

Yeah, that's what I figured would probably happen so I tried it on one and it did in fact install 2.0 so I should be good to go.

Thanks.

October 8th, 2020 12:00

Ancient thread, but STILL an issue in 2020: Latest version "5.0" is seen as older than installed version: "OSC_1.1"

2.9K Posts

October 8th, 2020 14:00

Hello,

The inventory collector is treating both the OSC version and the current versions as character strings. The vendorVersion variable is being imported as 'OSC_1.1' and '5.0.' The letters are being treated as greater than a digit. The fix is to update off of the old format that included lettering.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

March 4th, 2022 10:00

We all understand "why" it was happening.  That wasn't the issue.  The expected behavior was different than the observed behavior due to a simple renaming on the backed - that's the very definition of a program bug and it should have been fixed in the actual program logic, rather than giving a lesson in "string comparison".

No Events found!