Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 12th, 2011 16:00

Can't Leave Customer Review for Streak 5 or 7

Clicking on the "Write a Review" button only sends you to a login screen.  Once you login you don't go anywhere.  If you navigate to the Streak from there you will only end up back at the same login screen if you click on the "Write a Review" button again.

I tried this on the 7 and the Venue.  Logging in goes nowhere.  I tried on HP, Gateway, and Viewsonic hardware.  I tried it on XP, Vista, and Android.  I tried it on Ms IE, Chrome and Android Browser.  The loop is the same.  I tried it for 5 hours on Saturday 3/12/2011.  

I talked to Sales, Desktop, Customer Care, and Dell Mobility support I Dell's special kind of transfer hell in that 5 hour span and none of them knew what to do to fix it or why it was happening or when it would be over, but the last Customer review to appear on the site was Wed. 3/9/2011.

Only at Dell will they sell you a defective damage prone device like the Streak 5 and then not allow you to tell anyone on their site, when they insist on returning your calls instead of putting you through to the department you called for, but never do.  Then try to charge you as much to replace your device than you'd pay for a new competing device rather than just fix yours at a reasonable price or at least sell you parts.   Funny how the sales site seems to work just fine, but once you own a Dell product, that's when your calls are routed t a country where no one listens to you, offering misinformation is a sport, and your website experience gets buggie and sharing your experience with potentially new victims is prevented and no one in the entire corporation can tell you why or provide a work around.  

Dell is knowingly deceiving the public with this product and they continue to amaze me with the depths to which they are willing to stoop to keep victims/customers from discovering the truth about their products and support(if you can call it that) before they buy.  What did Dell do instead when they realized these devices had faulty screens, and disabling the ability to leave customer reviews couldn't keep the word from getting out they decided to start selling new damage coverage warranties with new devices.  Why not cash in on the fact that word had gotten out on the faulty screens Dell was selling.

Anyone else unable to Review the Streak or Streak 7?  Anyone find a way to leave a customer review for this device since Wed.?

March 23rd, 2011 23:00

Im one of th suckers that bought the dell pos 7. I will never buy anything from them again.

12 Posts

April 6th, 2011 22:00

Sorry to hear that they got you too.  Looks like they did get around to allowing you to access the "Write a Review" page, but if they will not post all negative reviews.  It doesn't look good on their product page for the truth to be told about their company/product/customer service.  Better to keep some of those one star ratings hidden from the public.  Mine has still not been posted, though I followed all guidelines and composed it several weeks ago.  Good luck getting the truth out.  I've got the Viewpad 7 from ViewSonic and I love that it makes calls with the sim card from my Streak 5.  Even the Streak 7 can't make calls!  No contract, for the same price as a 2 year commitment with other 7 inch tabs.  I really like it.

No Events found!