Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 28th, 2011 02:00

Dell Streak 5 screen orientation not working

Having received  my Streak back from repair the screen will not rotate have put the screen orientation to automatic but it will not rotate. Any ideas plz

78 Posts

June 12th, 2011 07:00

Sounds like they've flustered up your sensor . I dont know if you do a screen calibration will work or not,  Have you installed Auto Rotate Widget from the Market? if anything, give it a try and see if it helps.  I have it installed so to 'lock' every screen into landscape (i hate portrait, lol) .  

But too, i havent had a problem with orientation not working.

market.android.com/details

5 Posts

June 12th, 2011 10:00

Hi Rico,

Yes i did do a screen calibration but it did no good. in the end i sent it back again to Dell I got it back on Friday and it is now working looks like they sent me back a different one the IME No is different.

,any thanks for your reply.

July 15th, 2011 15:00

does anyone know which is the sensor in the phone?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 19th, 2011 07:00

maybe you need recalibrate G-Sensor not a screen...  

08 Sensor <--

July 22nd, 2011 02:00

did the recalibration and it just sat there doing nothing, so I rebooted it. When I rebooted, the screen died again! don't know whats going on with this phone!

78 Posts

July 22nd, 2011 08:00

That doesnt sound good. What are your phone os version? Did you do an update prior to the screen issue?

July 28th, 2011 00:00

No, didn't update but my roommate dipped her phone in some water, and hence the issues. bought a new screen, replaced it and everything started working for about 15 mins. Hopefully something will work out soon.

No Events found!