Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 11th, 2011 19:00

Dell Streak 7 - HoneyComb Issues

I received the update and everything went fine.  I did not have to reinstall anything.

Then the issue:

I started using the streak, but when I stopped for 2-3 minutes, it would go to sleep.  The problem is, that it never returns from sleep/hibernate mode.  I had to let the battery drain and then recharge it to use it.  I'm guessing I could've performed a hard reboot as well.  This issue has happened every time I have used it since the update.   I do not have it plugged in when this occurs.  I basically have a Streak that I need to power off the second I decide not to use it or else it will lock up.  I'm hoping there is something I can do to fix this.

Anyone else having this issue?  I've seen references to similar issues on the web.  

1 Message

October 12th, 2011 01:00

I had the same issue with my Dell Streak 7 right after the update. I had to do a hard reset and I left my tab charging and when I decided to use again it was completely dead. I don't even get a charging light on when its plugged in. I just think it completely died on me. The update is a curse for me. Gonna see if Dell gives me an answer. I'll keep you posted. Can't get Dell on the phone. Dam I'm gonna try web chat tomorrow.

2 Posts

October 12th, 2011 07:00

Yeah, I had to let the battery drain completely then I was able to get it to charge again.  I did finally get to talk to Dell customer support after being bumped around to various people for 45minutes.  They told me to do a reset to factory default (erases all your stuff).

Let the tablet drain the battery completely.  Then charge it back up while off (hopefully you this will work for you).  Then press the Volume Up button while pressing the Power button until you get the configure your device splash screen.  Select the 3rd or 4th option (can't remember) which says Data Factory Rest by using the volume buttons to scroll.  Press the power button to select the option.  Then press the power button again to confirm Factory Reset.

I did this and will try checking to see if it fixes the problem.

172 Posts

October 12th, 2011 09:00

If it does not wake after sleep, use the pin hole reset button to reset your Streak 7 so you don't have to wait until the battery die.

Concerning your problem, I suggest you do a factory reset to erase all user data and start fresh. You should have done this after you update to Honeycomb. Power off, then press and hold Volume up and power button until you boot into recovery mode.

No Events found!