Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 8th, 2015 07:00

Dell Venue 11 Pro (7130) does not work with dock station (K10A) and mobile keyboard (K12A)

Hello! There is a problem with my Dell Venue Pro 11. The tablet does not work in conjunction with a docking station with a docking keyboard with battery. The problem with the docking station, it is only the power and audio connector work. No more running, no port (HDMI, USB, LAN). The problem with this keyboard, the touchpad and keyboard are not working. Once the battery is connected. Windows 8/1 Pro 64-bit is installed, the latest drivers and BIOS (A15). Without docking station and keyboard tablet works well. USB and HDMI ports on the tablet work well. 

What can I do? 

Thanks!

August 10th, 2015 05:00

Hi,

same problem here. Both my dock and travel keyboard don't work anymore. Only my dock charge work but no USB etc.

I updated my 7130 to windows 10 with the latest bios drivers but no luck.

Time for dell to start with fixes!!!

Benny

September 18th, 2015 00:00

Problem solved!

I opened up my dell pro venue 11 while I had serious start up issues. One of the connector came loose :).

Have you opened up your dell pro venue 11? I would check on that......

Gr, benny

August 10th, 2015 06:00

hi,

I have the same problem. Both my keyboard and dock don't work! Only charge on dock is functioning.

I updated my bios to A16 and OS to windows 10.

My 7130 function well without keyboard and dock.

Time for dell to come with fixes!

Benny

7 Posts

August 10th, 2015 15:00

ok. I updated OS t o Windows 10 but without success too. I will test my tablet with my friend's docks. He said me his tablet works well with dock and travel keyboard. After test I will tell about results. 

7 Posts

August 19th, 2015 16:00

When I came to my friend for testing my tablet with his docks friend tells his tablet does not work with docks. We tried test his tablet with my docks. Same result. No success :(

August 20th, 2015 00:00

Too bad, I think it has something to do with the bios, I'm only afraid when downgrade to A14 or A15 I'm getting startup problems again and I have to remove my CMOS battery over and over again.

Everything worked under Windows 8.1 Pro with older bios version.

I will let you know when I got new information.

7 Posts

August 20th, 2015 01:00

2 weeks ago I did factory reset and tried to link the tablet with dock and travel kbd... Without success. 

Tnen I did upgrade to W10. Same...

Me and my friend do not know what to do. I think I will return my devices in Dell's service.

7 Posts

September 21st, 2015 07:00

Hi, Benny! I want to clarify you the following. The problem is completely solved? The tablet runs a full docking station? The external monitor is powered by the dock? And all the other ports? How do you resolve the problem? I did not open my plate as it is still under warranty.

Thanks!

BR, Dmitriy

September 24th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

I first thought it had to do something with the BIOS, but after running some tests BIOS could not find my keyboard as well as my docking station (only my adapter was found, charging option). Only devices on the USB port from my tablet were recognized.

It is very unlikely that both devices were broken, especially at the same time.

If the dock is charging the tablet but windows does not recognize the ports (HDMI, USB etc.) then there must be something wrong with the connection (hardware).

If you remove the rear cover and your battery, you'll see two orange cables. The one near the centre is the one you have to check for failures. This one is for your dock as well as for your keyboard.

After I reconnected the cable, my dock as my keyboard were working fine (back to normal).

Gr, Benny

7 Posts

September 25th, 2015 14:00

Hi Benny,

Thanks for detail description! I will try to do like you wrote. 

Regards,

Dmitriy

7 Posts

March 8th, 2016 06:00

Hi everyone!

The problem was resolved by replacing docking port in tablet. After replacing both docking station and keybord work well. 

1 Message

December 28th, 2019 12:00

Catch up dell

My venue will still charge on the docking station, does anyone else experience this.

I remember I download an bios update and everything stopped working

No Events found!