Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 30th, 2014 09:00

Dell Venue 11 Pro Power Buttons no longer working in Windows *

Just received my mobile keyboard yesterday. I updated my BIOS to A05 yesterday, installed the "Power Settings Fix", and ran Windows Updates. Now all of a sudden the tablets power button doesn't work in Windows 8.

I thought this might be a BIOS issue. This is how the buttons currently are functioning in Windows 8:

• Pressing the power button once time no longer puts the tablet to sleep. I checked in the power profile, pressing the power button is set to sleep for both battery and plugged in.
  • Holding the power button down for 5 to 10 sec no longer shutsdown Windows.
  • Holding the power button down for 60 sec hard powers off the tablet.
  • Volume buttons work 100%.
  • Pressing and holding the power button when the tablet is turned off turns the tablet on.

Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas on how to fix this?

1 Message

January 14th, 2015 04:00

Hello , 

Download the fix from dell and install , it should work .

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=CXWWX

1 Message

October 30th, 2015 12:00

SOLVED : here is what you have to do, and why...

You MUST install the most currently BIOS ( A16 ), via Dell Command Update or manually.

The sleep button function is controlled by the Dell Video driver ( not intuitive, but this is the case ). Download the current update for the driver from Dell -- current version is 10.18.15.4281, published 8/31/2015

Now -- go into your BIOS and DISABLE C-states. You must do this, as the C-State control for sleep has issues on this particular chipset and CPU. Your battery life will not suffer, if you use the "Balanced" or "Dell" power plans in windows 8.1 or 10.

That's it. Your sleep button should now work correctly.

As a bonus, in your power management settings, you can now set your "sleep/hibernate" preferences for when you push the button, or when you close your media/slim keyboard covers.

Enjoy

3 Posts

January 31st, 2014 06:00

Bumping for an answer. This is super annoying to workaround.

January 31st, 2014 07:00

Hi,

I have same Issue. 7130 with windows 8.1 all latest drivers are installed.

Marek

1 Message

January 31st, 2014 07:00

Hi,

same issue here. Doesn´t matter if tablet is docked, un-docked, connected/disconnected to mobile keyboard (that one with battery)

7 Posts

January 31st, 2014 09:00

Interestingly enough, my power button stopped working yesterday also. I was using the tablet without the keyboard and the battery drained (super fast I might add, since I disabled lpm and the video power saving). I plugged it into the dock and it powered on. Once I was done I hit the power button and it did nothing. I used windows to put it to sleep using the UI. I turned it on again but still the power button didn't work. I held the power button down and windows turned off. After it rebooted, the power button worked fine.

3 Posts

January 31st, 2014 10:00

Were you able to hold the button down and see the "Swipe down to Shutdown" message? That message never appears on my tablet. I can only hold the button down for a full minute and skip the Windows shutdown completely.

February 4th, 2014 01:00

No I never seen this message. Today I updated bios to A09 but the issue still persist.

31 Posts

February 4th, 2014 01:00

I literally had this problem as well yesterday or the day before for the first time, I don't remember as I've been extremely ill, but all I could do was hard-shut down by holding the power button. I have not even touched my bios since the day it was shipped to me either. Running A05 for 7130.

1 Message

February 9th, 2014 18:00

I also just got this problem with the power button on a 7130.  it seemed to happen when I disable flash in internet explorer. The machine screen flashed a couple times acted strangely and after it stabilized that power button didn't work.  I disabled flag because I started getting a flashutil_activex signature error.  I'm wondering if I got a virus. (however trend micro, and anti-malware bytes having found anything.)

1 Message

February 9th, 2014 22:00

Try installing Intel virtual button. Had the same problem and it worked for me!

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails?driverId=CXWWX

1 Message

March 7th, 2014 15:00

Try installing Intel virtual button. Had the same problem and it worked for me!

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails?driverId=CXWWX

This worked for me.  Thank you for posting the link.

4 Posts

March 18th, 2014 14:00

Didn't worked for me. I still have this issue. Any ideas? All drivers and the Bios are the newest ones.

4 Posts

March 26th, 2014 03:00

I've found out what causes this problem! Please disable the fast startup / fast boot option in the power management. That should help everyone. 

1 Message

March 26th, 2014 03:00

I had this same issue happen to me, the above drive did not help. How i fixed this issue was windows restore to a date just before the issue. Hope this helps anyone else who might have this issue.

No Events found!