Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 23rd, 2014 13:00

Dell Venue 11 Pro won't turn on

It seems to charge (the charge light is on), but when I press the power button nothing happens. I have tried holding the power button down for an extend time as well.

July 29th, 2014 17:00

Thank you so much! I followed your advice about holding the power button down for 20 sec and it worked. :) Any idea what caused the issue in the first place?

3 Posts

July 29th, 2014 18:00

I've heard that it's because the machine has gone into hibernation instead of ordinary "off."  (Why it is designed this way is a mystery to me.)

Over the last several months Dell has not only replaced my daughter's motherboard (which on the Venue11 essentially means a complete hard drive replacement, since the HD is on the motherboard), and they also sent me an unsolicited free replacement for my docking station with a letter saying that they'd encountered design problems with that too.

Between these two things, my daughter's Venue 11 actually works at long last.

So if you have continued problems, keep demanding fixes!

August 11th, 2014 13:00

make sure you are using the charger that came with the Dell Venue 11, it's a 24 watt charger... other micro usb chargers are 5 to 10 watts, which will turn the light on, but won't charge the device... and once the battery is below a certain percentage it won't power the x86 processor correctly...  My wife had the same problem... she was using my son's Venue 7 charger (which is 10 watts) so it wasn't charging the battery... once I had her find the correct charger (the 24 watt) we charged the battery for 60 minutes... (not that I think this helped, but I did also remove the battery and re-inserted it prior to charging properly.)  

Hope this helps everyone.  Good luck! 

:emotion-2:

A friend has this tablet. When she got the tablet, I was disappointed to see how short the charging cable was. So, I took the power cord, from a Dell Laptop, to plug into the charger to make the charging easier.

The power cord we plugged into the charger, was not sufficient enough to provide the full amount of power. Once we used the original charging assembly, I was able to get her table back up and running. Odd to think that it's so finicky.

5 Posts

August 13th, 2014 14:00

I bought 2 of these Venue 11 Pro, 1 died in a week,

returned it.

Another died in a month, won't charge.

Dell sent over a technician, replaced everything, still can't turn on.

Send it back to Dell depot, now almost a month,

still don't see my tablet back.

Dell says don't have the parts, what parts?

This model is poorly designed and tested.

Must have rush it cash in on the tablet craze.

Very disappointed in Dell, and it's hard to get service,

transferred several times just to reach the "correct" department.

This is a dinosaur of a company now with *** products and poor service.

2 Posts

August 14th, 2014 23:00

My daughters school has just returned a couple hundred of these pc's for full refund due to poor reliability.

1 Message

August 31st, 2014 01:00

my dell is acting the same. the light wont show when on charger. i am using correct charger. did your keyboard that you are using have a battery?

2 Posts

October 1st, 2014 05:00

This worked! Thank you. My issues was I had no lights at all. After holding power for 20 seconds I still didn't see anything and when I released power I did see the logo and pressed power once more. I have a Dell Venue Pro 8. To anybody wondering, it does not reset any data. I don't know what it does, but I would think a two second hold or a 5 second hold(?) (Windows forced shutdown) would be sufficient.  Anyway, thanks again.

October 27th, 2014 12:00

Try this:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/windows-81-tablet-turn-on-issue/06d3cf7d-399c-479f-b6fa-977f41c53d03?tm=1414432978281

1 Message

January 23rd, 2015 00:00

Hi i had the same issue . i removed the battery and stayed for 1 night then i put it back in the morrning and put it in charg again and after 3 hours i try to turning my dell tablet on and it turned on

try this. that might be work for you too

2 Posts

January 26th, 2015 10:00

Could it be that the charge plug is not inserted all the way? Mine was very tight and need a really good push to make the plastic from the charger flush with the device. No metal should be showing. Hope that is all it is or the else the port may be bad. Be sure to have the latest BIOS update as well.

January 26th, 2015 12:00

Hi, i tried this but it has not worked for me yet. what more can do. i have the core i5 version with 128gb hard disk. please help me out.

9 Posts

January 27th, 2015 17:00

Agreed--worst tech I've ever owned. Very frustrated with similar charging issues. Will never buy Dell tablet again.

March 13th, 2015 10:00

Have you experienced it booting up normally, but once that is completed there is just a black screen with a white line at the bottom blinking...  any ideas?

14 Posts

March 20th, 2015 13:00

I got a Venue 8 Pro and the only thing I can get out of this is when I unplug the battery and plug it back in, the power light lights up for 2 seconds then goes off. No amount of button presses does anything.

I tested the battery and it does measure 3.8 volts. Not sure what the yellow, blue, or red wires do, maybe they're bad. I also tested the board past the USB port and measured 5 volts across one of capacitors, so the USB port is working fine. All I can do is call this garbage and ewaste it.

EDIT: This may be old news, but there are certain Venue 11 Pro models that were recalled.

http://windowsitpro.com/hardware/dell-clarifies-venue-11-pro-recall

2 Posts

March 22nd, 2015 10:00

My Venue 11 Pro i5 went into blackout mode. I tried the power switch for 20 seconds  long and then 1 second and no response. It is dead.

Need an answer to get it back working.

Is there a hard reset button?

No Events found!